Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carpenter rates for bookshelves

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all. Can anyone give me a rough guide on what a carpenter might charge to build simple wood book shelves on either side of a fireplace (roughly 2.5 ft wide by 10 ft tall each)? I planned to do it myself but if the price is right, I'd love to get it done by someone who knows what they're doing...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi,

What you are really asking is how long is a piece of string. So best thing to do now is maybe give a few more details, and it will be easier to throw some sort of figure at it. No doubt the cheapest option for very simple shelves , is always going to be atlantic home care, woodies ect , self assembly units.
    It might not be every ones cup of tea, but it is a cheap simple option.

By varying a couple of styles, you can add your own mark to the units. Innovative use of mouldings , trims ect, might also give you the look you are after.

After that the sky is the limit, and so is the price. Carpenters rates are probably going to be around E20=+ an hour , but this is going to vary tremendously.

More details please, and maybe some one will have a stab at the price:)

kadman

Advertisement