Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses In Loughlinstown Park after 7pm?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

There will be a poll held in Donnybrook Garage Tomorrow (thursday) For drivers to vote on this issue, Buses were removed after 7pm following attacks on buses on a nightly basis about 2 years ago. Should Loughlinstown be given a second chance?

Should The 111 and 7 return to Loughlinstown Park after 7pm? 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not really fair to get strangers to vote on this - we are neither informed nor will the results affect us. I presume the withdrawal was due to stone throwing and the like?

I think after 2 years a chance should be given, but possibly with the garda and community representatives involved so that it doesn't result in services being withdrawn again.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

Victor wrote: »
    Not really fair to get strangers to vote on this - we are neither informed nor will the results affect us. I presume the withdrawal was due to stone throwing and the like?

I think after 2 years a chance should be given, but possibly with the garda and community representatives involved so that it doesn't result in services being withdrawn again.

Don't worry Victor the pople at boards.ie haven't got that much power just yet, Just looking for a general view from people here, Forget it's even Loughlinstown, It could be any area, The issues still remain, Buses being stoned, engines be switched off from the rear, at least one driver I know off was punched, Also a passenger was hit with Glass from a window breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

spareman wrote: »
    Don't worry Victor the pople at boards.ie haven't got that much power just yet,
    **cough** I had a 110kV transformer station moved yesterday, about 5 seconds after I saw it*. :) **cough**

*They were putting it next to a multi-storey car park and you just know someone is going to throw something on it - like a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

A better poll would be:

o Should the government get up off their collective asses and do something to solve the problem like providing transport police with enough staff and funding to their jobs?

o Should the government continue to do nothing while DB put their staff, buses and passengers at risk in dodgy areas? Should money be wasted repairing the damage while at the same time the government wants to cut the subventions levels.

Answers on the back of a postcard to Noel "Cellbridge has plenty of buses" Demsey at No Transport House, Kildare St., Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

spareman wrote: »
    Don't worry Victor the pople at boards.ie haven't got that much power just yet, Just looking for a general view from people here, Forget it's even Loughlinstown, It could be any area, The issues still remain, Buses being stoned, engines be switched off from the rear, at least one driver I know off was punched, Also a passenger was hit with Glass from a window breaking.

Don't forget the bus that was stolen, driven around the field up there and had to be lifted out with a crane after they over turned it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I also have a slight suspicion that the pullout from Loughlinstown was to enable a better service to Cherrywood, which will have a growing residential and commercial population over the coming years.

The scumbags just provided a very good excuse to pull out now rather than later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Don't forget the bus that was stolen, driven around the field up there and had to be lifted out with a crane after they over turned it!

This is the BUS
    and it stayed upright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Wasnt a bus stolen and joyrided around the field before being toppled over up there?? Or is that just a wild dun laoghaire urban legend?!
    Anyway, I think ti should be as they have it during the day, ie every second 7 going to LOughlinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

whoops, I didnt read the full thread!

Can see that photo by the way, any other links?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

markpb wrote: »
    A better poll would be:

o Should the government get up off their collective asses and do something to solve the problem like providing transport police with enough staff and funding to their jobs?

o Should the government continue to do nothing while DB put their staff, buses and passengers at risk in dodgy areas? Should money be wasted repairing the damage while at the same time the government wants to cut the subventions levels.

Answers on the back of a postcard to Noel "Cellbridge has plenty of buses" Demsey at No Transport House, Kildare St., Dublin 2.

Well Said.

The fine people of Loughlinstown Park have had plenty of chances to prove theemselves in the onerous task of taking care of their offspring and have failed miserably.

IMO the only situation in which any public service vehicle should be returned is if the drivers can be guaranteed they can do their jobs without danger from scumbags. Of course if that criteria was used then most of the city would be without public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Its not just the fine parents of Loughlinstown that struggle with their young.
    My last late on the 145, they tried to break the windows at Monaloe corner as i wouldnt allowed unhidden bottles of Miller. Foxrock was just as bad with juvenile
    rich kids perched on top of the shelter while trying to get to Old Wesley.
    Since UCD is off, we wont discuss them at the moment - just ask any 10 driver.

Its the whole city that is out of control, not just seven lads outside the chip shop in Loughlinstown.

Advertisement