Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda - Cricket Club.

Options
  • 30-07-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is one... Anyone interested to do something about it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

NO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

sterb041.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

I heard recently that the guy who run elvery's in Drogheda is looking to set up a cricket team

Hmm, google brought up this: http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/cricket-mad-at-elverys-1694017.html
    Wednesday April 01 2009

ELVERYS Sports on West Street looks as if it's about to go cricket mad.

Kevin O'Herlihy from the shop is deeply involved in the game in Balbriggan and it has been suggested to him, what about setting up a Drogheda team - even for a challenge match against Balbriggan!

So, if anyone wants any more info on the game of cricket (as well as the odd cricket bat) Kevin in Elverys is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

And I thought 2009 couldn't get any worse..

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

!! Well the idea of a cricket club in Drogheda certainly got my attention!

I wouldn't trust Drogheda people - ahem. It was a Drogheda man who, after all, commanded the ship that brought Aodh Mór Ó Néill and the rest of Gaelic Ireland's leaders to Spain in 1607 in what has become known as The Flight of the Earls (although very very few people are aware of this). Cromwell didn't just happen to arrive in Drogheda!

What is it about cricket that brings out all sorts of strange people posts out of the woodwork? Everyone is an insta-pundit and some people seems to take it as their moral responsibility to slag cricket! :)

With everyone rooting for English football clubs and buying each other ManU this and Liverpool that, and Irish teams slowly fading away, the only international success for Ireland, unless things change drastically, is going to be with Rugby and Cricket! Believe it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Cricket training today in the grammar in dundalk, missed it but the T.Y team are out for a good showing next week in a team with 2 people who play it. And ( im not sure how many are even on a cricket team ) the rest out for a laugh

Advertisement