Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK So what is there to do in Carlow?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

So i know there was a thread like this before but i'm kinda going stir crazy here these days. Basically i started a job here last month and i've been in college here for 3 years so i know a bit about carlow but i've always had friends about here when college year was on, now nobody around so i need to find things to do.

Basically i'm looking for suggestions of what can be done here during the week, monday - friday.

Like i'm 25, Male and just looking for things that you can do around here when you don't know that many people. So please please please make some suggestions about things because like i say - Going Crazy here.

Tom

My mental health will thank you for all you can do :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

join a sports team. Usuaully pretty good for meetin new people. I play rounders in ballon evey tuesday and thursday, and play soccer in tullow on fridays.
    Great for meeting people and good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Where's this soccer team i'd love to join :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

There is not alot to do in Carlow during the week. Join a club of some sort to keep you busy.

stick-dan wrote: »
    Where's this soccer team i'd love to join :D

my team are in Tullow, they're called Parkville Utd. They were my juvenille club so I stayed with them as a senior rather than joining a carlow club.

Heard of em all-right cool..thanks shay!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Ya they are some good suggestions but i'm wondering if anybody could let me know where i might find out where these clubs are and how i'd sign up to them or whatever :)

what kinda thing are you looking for?
    There'd be lots of choices in certain sports so if you could narrow down your interests it would shorten the list we'd need to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Have a look here:

http://carlowsports.ie/Club_directory.aspx

Site is a bit hard to get around but it answers a lot of the questions above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tullow Rugby club have a great reputation too.

Team or solo?

Competitive or recreational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

So ya i'd be interested in any kinda thing, really i just want to keep busy so if there was some place where i could play 5 a-side that would be great but also i wouldn't mind if there was an 11 a-side team going too. Not the greatest soccer player ever but i can usually handle myself haha.

I'd also be interested in trying any new sports too, whatever they may be ya know.

Cheers lads for posting, it really does put a smile on my face to see people actually trying to help other people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

join leinsterparanormal and hunt ghosties (except leinsterparanormal arent looking for new members, but if they were then you could)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

iamhunted wrote: »
    join leinsterparanormal and hunt ghosties (except leinsterparanormal arent looking for new members, but if they were then you could)

thats kind of a pointless post so, asking people to join but not accepting new members.

i wasnt asking - just saying. theres many different organisations etc in carlow that people might not be aware of.

same time, if anyone *is* actually interested in the paranormal then we'd obviously love to hear from them. its just such people are very far and few between in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Alas the summer (if you could call it that!! :mad:) is almost over and Autumn is about to set it with its shorther days and long dark evenings/nights. So, basically what I want to know is, is there any interesting groups, society's, clubs etc etc to join around the town? Something interesting, something fun, something to pass the evenings and get out of the fecking house! :rolleyes: I'm getting tired talking to myself (I'm finished college so cant join the societys).

Any ideas?

im toying with the idea of a carlow based web radio station if that kind of thing is of any interest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Any ideas?

You should try loitering. Loitering with intent is a particular favourite of mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

You should try loitering. Loitering with intent is a particular favourite of mine!

Is it a rewarding pastime?

Is there anything non sport related? ie hobbies/interests etc that anyone knows of?

Advertisement