Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are they putting under the new M50

Options
  • 30-07-2008 6:06pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed under the concrete barrier dividing the north and southbound carriage ways, they are putting what looks like a large yellow gas pipe? I wouldn't have taught they would be doing this, maybe in a hard shoulder would be more sensible, and I would think it would be lower?

Is it even for gas,, its the same as a gas main pipe about a 12" pipe, but doesn't seem like a great place to install it. stupid thread just curious

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ducting for cables, I'd imagine.

Flexible drainage duct I would imagine, It'll be encased in concrete except for a slot in the top for the rainwater.

Flexible drainage duct I would imagine, It'll be encased in concrete except for a slot in the top for the rainwater.
    That'd be bigger than 12" diameter though, surely?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

drainage is normally the concrete piping,,, blue mains water and gas yellow.....?

davton wrote: »
    drainage is normally the concrete piping,,, blue mains water and gas yellow.....?
    I often see yellow gas piping being (mis-)used for cable ducting. It's pretty tough stuff though, so maybe not so silly.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    That'd be bigger than 12" diameter though, surely?

I got sight of one being installed on the N4 near Lucan, it was about 12" diameter, didn't see/can't remember what colour the internal duct was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jkgvfg

Is it my imagination or have they decided to put down this piping after they laid the concrete barrier as they seem to be knocking most of the barrier they put down?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jkgvfg wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or have they decided to put down this piping after they laid the concrete barrier as they seem to be knocking most of the barrier they put down?

They knocked some of the barrier after a bad batch of concrete, it was crumbling so was knocked down. the mentioned pipe goes in the base of the barrier, which then the top shutter is poured onto it days later.

Advertisement