Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Dundalk

Options
  • 30-07-2008 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

New to dundalk and interested in finding out ways of meeting new ppl! I have been told that tag rugby is a good way! although i have never played it! any advice at all would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

The pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Send a private message to two of Boards' most well known Dundalk natives: Wertz and... oh... what's his name again...? Oh yeah, Pighead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Dudess wrote: »
    and... oh... what's his name again...? Oh yeah, Pighead.

Don't ruin the chaps interpretations of Dundalk people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dogsbiz

You fancy playing basketball? Good girls team in Dundalk and very friendly. Good social circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aineonion3

hi, havent played basket ball in years but would be very interested,,, is it competitive or for a bit of crack?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dogsbiz

Hey we do play competive in sept but we have a few girls playing with us who have never played before. At the min we are just trying to keep fit over the summer, we train Tuesday nights at 8pm. We are always looking for new players and if nothing else come and join for a bit of fun and meet a few new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

walk around muirevanamuir or the coxes with a drogheda united or england jersey. Bound to get attention

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    walk around muirevanamuir or the coxes with a drogheda united or england jersey. Bound to get attention

If you have nothing constructive to say on this thread then please refrain from posting.

oh my god, ye cant have a bit of craic anymore. Im from louth, I should be alowed comment on the county forum, or has communism taken over this one aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Pighead.

Ooh I never knew that! I shall keep an eye out for someone talking in the third person.

OP, there's a good few gyms about. Always find they're a good place to meet people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Louth Macra

Macra Na Feirme is a great way to meet new people!!! The people are the best craic and there is events on all year round!! Plus the opportunity to get involved in Drama, varity show contests, talent competitions, public speaking and debating, sports competitions plus loads of events on up and down the county and country!!!

is there 1 of them in dundalk, taught they were only in the villaiges.

There is one of them in North louth which takes in the whole area the people are mainly based from cooley. But they hold loads of events in Dundalk.

Last year the national final of the Capers competition (20 minutes variety show) was held in án Táin in Dundalk.

There was also a new years eve bash in the fairways (Formal Ball 50 quid a ticket for meal, band, DJ) All money made went to charity (Louth rape crisis centre) and we raised 6,000 Euro. Thats on again this year the charity is AWARE.

Trips to the dogs, iceskating etc!!

If you wanted to set up a club in the town of Dundalk that would be cool either. You'd need 10 people!!

The tain is in carlingford

The Táin Theatre is the town centre

http://www.antaintheatre.com/

We actually did an adventure weekend in Carlingford last year as well though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Any comments on the Spirit Store ? Are there live bands mid week ? How early do you need to get there to get a good spot ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

MugMugs wrote: »
    Any comments on the Spirit Store ? Are there live bands mid week ?

http://www.spiritstore.ie/

Great venue, very small though.
    How early do you need to get there to get a good spot ?

Early, some of the gigs are ticket only afaik. I'd give them a call if you see something you like.

Advertisement