Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card is taking ages..

Options
  • 30-07-2008 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

How long did it take you to get your medical card when you applied for it?

i applied about 4 weeks ago, and i've not received any letter of rejection, which i took as a good sign. But my repeat prescription is due soon (it's an expensive one) and i can't afford to get it without the card.

I went into the office last friday, they took my phone number and said they would call, never did (they are busy folks tho).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I applied around 4 wks ago too and haven't anything either.Sorry i can't give you anything more positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Chauncey_freak

Sorry man - at least we know they haven't shredded the applications or anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I cant remember what happened exactly when I got mine a few years back but I do know that when its up for renewal I will get the forms sent out 3 months before the card expires. Dont know if that makes much sense to you. What I'm trying to say is that it can take up to 3 months to get it all sorted sometimes and thats just for renewal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Chauncey_freak

Well i got the confirmation letter today - nearly 6 weeks! The card should arrive soon they say. The number is on the letter so at least i can get that prescription now.

Guess you shouldn't wait for an illness to get a medical card! Doh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Got mine today too at least you can get your meds now.I had to buy an inhaler a few wks ago,but at least it wasn't dear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement