Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I charge for Cambridge FCE exam classes?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've just been asked to prepare some friends of mine for FCE exam classes but im not sure how much to charge them... does anyone know what an average rate would be for a fully qualified secondary school teacher with TEFL qualifications and 3 years teaching experience???

Any suggestions appreciated!

Ta

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wouldn't want to be coming out with anything less than 50 euro an hour between all the students to allow for the large amount of planning needed for intensive exam preparation classes.
    A group larger than 6 or so I'd charge more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kivers

so let me just check - you would recommend 50 per class and then let the students divide it up amongst them? or is it 50 per student?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would want to be making at least 50 euro per hour for teaching the group. 50 for the group, not 50 each. That's 50 minimum - I'd have no problem collecting 20 each from a three or four student class.

That's just me though - dealing with friends is often a temptation to undersell yourself.

Advertisement