Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campervan rental europe

Options
  • 30-07-2008 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

just looking to find any information people here might have on renting a campervan.
    the plan is so far for three people to drive from dublin and around europe ending the trip in spain. i have looked on the web and cant seem to find any rental companies that allow drop off anywhere in europe. anyone with links or advice welcomed.

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

ive just noticed there is a campervan forum maybe i will post in there, thanks for looking anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Recommend hiring the camper in Europe - the steering wheeel will be on the wrong side and you won't get eaten alive by the ferry price.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Also If you pick from one country and drop in another country, there is a hefty charge Euro 0.90/km from point to point.
    I hired motor hom from Nice and dropping charge to rome were 900 euro for that distance so, i picked and drop from Eu only.
    www.aviscaraway.com
    www.motorhomesworldwide.com is the best site operated from Australia but they are the one hire it in Ireland also. Even i was surprised to see booking coming from OZ but thats the way it is.
    However, the chepest pickup location is anywhere in Germany (upto 35% cheaper) and they are better in quality too.
    My suggestion, pick up from main land. the normal rent would be Euro100/day

Rgds
    AC

Advertisement