Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Del Bog

Options
  • 30-07-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Inspired by the Seaside thread..

Does anyone remember the Costa Del Bog, out on Bracknagh Road, Portarlington?

Few good sessions out there, don't remember ever swimming in it though - but have had a good reason!

What ever happened to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

connundrum wrote: »
    Inspired by the Seaside thread..

Does anyone remember the Costa Del Bog, out on Bracknagh Road, Portarlington?

Few good sessions out there, don't remember ever swimming in it though - but have had a good reason!

What ever happened to it?

costa del sod!

the local fishing club have it. fly fishing only and its €60 membership for the year. people still walk their dog round there and a lot of foreign girls enjoy a swim in it and a sunbathe iv been told although i have yet to have the pleasure of seeing that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

we must go to see that stevoman, yeah it used to be a good spot a few years, i had many a happy session meself there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Apart from the fishing mostly used by people walking their dogs, including me. Up ther every day have yet to see anyone swimming in it now, apart from the dogs its filthy so i doubt anyone with a brain and that would like to live a few more yrs would get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

mary123 wrote: »
    Apart from the fishing mostly used by people walking their dogs, including me. Up ther every day have yet to see anyone swimming in it now, apart from the dogs its filthy so i doubt anyone with a brain and that would like to live a few more yrs would get into it.

you would have lost your mind on monday then, some man and his son were swimming in it. i was cringing thinking of the dirt they must have been swiming in! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

mary123 wrote: »

I used to swim in it...
    stevoman wrote: »
    you would have lost your mind on monday then, some man and his son were swimming in it. i was cringing thinking of the dirt they must have been swiming in! LOL

Its alot dirtier than when i used to swim in it, but IF you really wanted too, a shower when you get home and all is good. I used to swim in the canal in Monasterevin as well, thats dirty!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Steve_o wrote: »
    I used to swim in the canal in Monasterevin as well, thats dirty!!!

I'll not mention what happened in the canal so... :pac:

Costa del Sod, my apologies. I remember trying to explain it to me missus before I brought her to Port for the first time.

'Right, theres a hole in the bog, and there's water in it, and we all went up there and sat round.. er..'

She was more inpressed with 'Club Ibiza' aka the shed attached to the hotel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I think I still have the paper clipping about it somewhere :-) In the begining there was swimming, it wasn't dirty, but then people started really littering the place, not bringing stuff home with them etc. so it was closed to public. It was always meant to be for fish.
    I also swam, but only very occassionally, cause Mammy would have killed me, in the canal, more often than that the Sandies in the barrow outside Monasterevin. :D

Advertisement