Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Irvine and his Austrailian Friends

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Went to Whelan's in Dublin last night to see this gig. I was blown away. It was mostly Andy and his very talented young friends playing Austrailian folk songs, which I never really knew much about but have to say were absolutely fantastic.

Songs about mining blue asbestos, the gold rush, starvation and all round tough times...amazing!

It was one of those gigs where I didn't know what to expect but was so happy at the end!

Went to the bathroom half way through and literally bumped into Paul Brady and Donal Lunny standing at the bar, I was completely awestruck. They and Andy and his friends then happily mingled with the crowd after the gig, I bought another Mozaik CD just so I could get them to sign it. I felt really bad walking up to them, and I'm not really into bothering musicians after a gig and getting stuff signed and all, but they were so friendly it was class! :)

Anyone else at this gig?

Advertisement