Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonlight Sonata

Options
  • 30-07-2008 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi there

Has anyone got the chords to moonlight sonata in Am. I'd love to learn it. I've been on the net and can only get sheet music but I'd rather the chords for it and feel my way around it if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

Mulan wrote: »
    Hi there

Has anyone got the chords to moonlight sonata in Am. I'd love to learn it. I've been on the net and can only get sheet music but I'd rather the chords for it and feel my way around it if you know what I mean.

Thanks

What dya mean by Am?
    I'm afraid I can't help you though because I'd only have sheet music for it too. I'm pretty goddamn bad at the piano and I was able to learn it from the sheet music. It's been a long long long time since I played it but as far as I can remember it wasn't that hard. there are a lot of octaves and stuff. so maybe give it a go??

oh and I hope you've big hands because it's impossible to play if you've teeny hands like I have! stooopid Beethoven and his shovel hands! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. Am means "A minor".

Thre chords are for the guitar.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

ah I see! hopefully someone on boards will be able to help you out then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

First Movement there, in Am

Make sure the font is set to Lucida Console

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

*cringes*

The Moonlight Sonata is in C sharp minor. It sounds weird in other keys.

You don't really need big hands to play it. The biggest stretch is an octave, aside from one bar where your right hand needs to reach G#-B', but most pianists just take the B with the left hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

what Mad Hatter said...

Also if you get Sibelius you can just download the midi and do 'respell as guitar tab, 6 string' and it does a fantastic job...

Advertisement