Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VanTasks.ie showing up as a gambling website :(

Options
  • 30-07-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

I just came across a post on a forum saying that somebody tried to go to my website, but it showed up as a gambling website and was blocked at work. I'm 99% sure this has something to do with my other website poker.ie being on the same yolky mabob. Any advice on how I can get around this and does anyone know, if people are searching google and clicking my links, will I be charged even if they see a "website blocked" page when they click through in work? Can anyone test both poker.ie and vantasks.ie for me please and see if one is blocked, is the other too, or would this have just been a rare case?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

cormie wrote: »
    I just came across a post on a forum saying that somebody tried to go to my website, but it showed up as a gambling website and was blocked at work. I'm 99% sure this has something to do with my other website poker.ie being on the same yolky mabob. Any advice on how I can get around this and does anyone know, if people are searching google and clicking my links, will I be charged even if they see a "website blocked" page when they click through in work? Can anyone test both poker.ie and vantasks.ie for me please and see if one is blocked, is the other too, or would this have just been a rare case?

Just might be your chat script - it seems to come from a domain that looks like it could also serves ads:
    <script type='text/javascript'
    			src='https://adlink.chatstat.com/JSBuilder.aspx?csuid=9164'
    			defer='defer'></script>

If someone clicks on your adwords ad, and then subsequently their security software/hardware blocks the request, you will be of course be charged for the click.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

Both are working for me in work anyways and they've a pretty good site blocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Vantasks is being blocked for me.

Websense is reporting it as a gambling site.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for that. Still haven't got onto my host:o

I think this has been sorted out, coincidently, the folks who keep track of categories for websites categorised VanTasks as gambling by mistake, funny since my other site is poker..

Anyway, Blacknight got onto them and I think it's been sorted. Could those of you who weren't allowed on it check if it's still restricted on the same connection and let me know please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Yep, it's working fine now.

Cool, thanks a lot :)

Advertisement