Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMDG Aircraft

Options
  • 30-07-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Just having a slight problem, downloaded a winglet Ryanair texture from Avsim (especiallyfor PMDG aircraft) and tried installing it, popped the texture folder in the aircraft folder, all ok. But when i tried popping the different views in the Aircraft.cfg and making the changes, my laptop won't let me over-write this?

I get a message of "Make sure the path and file name are correct"

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Forget AVSIM with the pmdg, look here : http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/liveries.html

Hope it works for you, thats a much easier way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

darragh-k wrote: »
    Forget AVSIM with the pmdg, look here : http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/liveries.html

Hope it works for you, thats a much easier way to do it.

I've seen them and used them, just they don't have a winglet Ryanair livery which is what I'm after!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You have to edit the CFG file....at the start it will have "flightsim.x" you need to change the x with the next concurrent number in the seqeunce from previous aircraft in it

I've done that too,and am familiar with it adding liveries to other aircraft but when i do it here i get a message saying:

"Cannot create C:/Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG 737-800Winglet\Aircraft.cfg file

Make sure the path and file name are correct"

This is the message i get!!

What am i doing wrong?

Hmm

Try using either just foward slashes or all backslashes in destination address like you got there ;)

• Advertisement

Whilst still on the subject of these aircraft, I've 2 more q's.

1) Anyone know why the autopilot dis-engages the altitude setting when sometimes 2000 or 1500 feet from the set altitude (when climbing)??

2) The auto-throttle. 9 times out of 10 when i go to use this, I get 1 or 2 of the little boxes below it lighting up (one in yellow says FMC, the other in purple which says A/T first, i think) and the auto throttle never engages?

Anyone with any answers to these Q's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

1) Anyone know why the autopilot dis-engages the altitude setting when sometimes 2000 or 1500 feet from the set altitude (when climbing)??

2) The auto-throttle. 9 times out of 10 when i go to use this, I get 1 or 2 of the little boxes below it lighting up (one in yellow says FMC, the other in purple which says A/T first, i think) and the auto throttle never engages?

1) What ALT mode do you have in the FMA window (the white/green lettering above the AH, speed and altitude)? V/S, VNAV, FLCH? There's a warning at 900ft before levelling off, is it possible you're hearing this?

2) How do you set the A/T? Just flick the switch? It needs to have a mode set, either with VNAV, THR, SPD or FLCH. Do you have any A/T mode in the FMA window (SPD, THR, THR HLD)?

If the FMC warning lights up in yellow it means the FMC has a problem. Do you use INIT REF, enter weight, CG, Vspeeds etc before taking off?

A screenshot or two would really help :D

How are you climbing it? If youre using VS it could be why, as yer not really meant to. FLCH option is often most convinient

Confab wrote: »
    1) What ALT mode do you have in the FMA window (the white/green lettering above the AH, speed and altitude)? V/S, VNAV, FLCH? There's a warning at 900ft before levelling off, is it possible you're hearing this?

2) How do you set the A/T? Just flick the switch? It needs to have a mode set, either with VNAV, THR, SPD or FLCH. Do you have any A/T mode in the FMA window (SPD, THR, THR HLD)?

If the FMC warning lights up in yellow it means the FMC has a problem. Do you use INIT REF, enter weight, CG, Vspeeds etc before taking off?

A screenshot or two would really help :D

Question 1 can be disgarded, it's just a tad annoying! No biggie.

Q2) How I usually did was simply enter in a speed, flick the switch and click the speed button so it lights up! I'm Obviously leaving something out when flying these specific aircraft!?

I'm going to be honest, I'm not familiar with the terms FLCH or FMA? Is FMA something similar to the FMC?

And i do enter in the speeds and weight etc in the INIT REF.:)

Put a speed in the speed window, and press level change, its a button near the speed window. Cant remember its exact abrieviation, but it will give best rate of climb for the selected speed. I suggest 250 below FL100 and 315 knots thereafter.

Just with regards the ILS- I dont think the 737 will autotune. That function is present in the 747 certainly, AFAIK there is no nav box on the radios

• Advertisement

Put a speed in the speed window, and press level change, its a button near the speed window. Cant remember its exact abrieviation, but it will give best rate of climb for the selected speed. I suggest 250 below FL100 and 315 knots thereafter.

Just with regards the ILS- I dont think the 737 will autotune. That function is present in the 747 certainly, AFAIK there is no nav box on the radios

There's defo and Nav section when opening the radio panel! I'll mess around with and see what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I now remember that I get the AT problem as well sometimes. Here's my fix:

1. Kill the autopilot (disengage bar)
    2. Turn the AT switch OFF
    3. Turn the FD switch OFF
    4. Reengage the autopilot (making sure to reengage the bar), but make sure it's NOT the one you've disengaged (if you were running on A, reengage B etc).

Works for me!

Confab wrote: »
    I now remember that I get the AT problem as well sometimes. Here's my fix:

1. Kill the autopilot (disengage bar)
    2. Turn the AT switch OFF
    3. Turn the FD switch OFF
    4. Reengage the autopilot (making sure to reengage the bar), but make sure it's NOT the one you've disengaged (if you were running on A, reengage B etc).

Works for me!

:)

Here's a screenie anyway as to what happens!

The yellow is that the FMC is telling you something

the autothrottle has disconnected in that instance probably because you might not have selected a mode on it- Speed hold or whatever.

It's no big deal, I've actually gotten quite good at manually taking care of the speed!! (speed brakes ftw:D)

Found this:

To activate the TCAS after upgrading, turn the selector on the Radio Management Panel Transponder to the TA/RA position and then depress the TFC button on the EFIS control panel to see the range rings.

Could someone please explain to me when this TFC Button is and how to access the EFIS control panel!?

The button where you adjust the range on the efis, button in the middle of it

Advertisement