Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Problems

Options
  • 29-07-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Im having some problems with my leisure battery. When it is hooked up and set to charge (zig unit) there is no power in the van.
    If it is hooked up and set to mains everything runs ok (only really run lights and water pump off it).

I presume the battery is dead but is there anything else I should check before going out and buying a new one?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Go to a garage and get it recharged with a large 20 amp plus battery charger that will kick start a weak battery

If that fails then the battery is probably dead

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Sounds like the battery is dead all right. Will the lights work with the engine running? If you have a volt meter available then you can connect to the leisure battery. With the engine running it should read around 13.5v DC. Switching off the engine the voltage should drop to 12V and probably continue to drop. This will also tell if the alternator is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i got it sorted. the wire from the alternator had come loose so it wasnt charging when I was driving

Advertisement