Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco vs. Philadelphia

Options
  • 29-07-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

In short I have the choice to go to either city to live their for a while, can I get some info on the vibes of the cities
    SF I hear is someawhat "laid back".
    P is "blue".
    Can I get some elaboration here please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Apparently there's lots os snakes in San Francisco...

Sorry I don't have a comedic reference with regard to Philadelphia.

You do know this is the Stand-Up Comedy forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    You do know this is the Stand-Up Comedy forum?

Not anymore.

Moved from stand-up comedy

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Neither a Travel or Holiday query - moved to it's new home, the forum for those living (or wanting to live) abroad, Abroad...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I've been to both.
    San Fran would be my choice. it is laid back, cool and I got a better vibe off it.

I stayed at a friends house when I was in phily, so I was in surburbia, but thought the city lacked vibe, maybe it was because it was raining all the time when I was there :D

I think san fran is a bit more touristy, which can be a good thing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Neither a Travel or Holiday query - moved to it's new home, the forum for those living (or wanting to live) abroad, Abroad...

Sorry about that, wasn't sure where to put it myself, my bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It's definitely in the right place now anyway!

Davo 123, welcome to boards - and the abroad forum where people discuss living abroad for longer periods.

San Fran would be my choice. I've never been to either but have been to California. I'd go to San Fran for the weather. I've also heard it's more like a Eurpoean city then other American cities which I think is a huge bonus!

Advertisement