Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Comag FTA box - receiving problems

Options
  • 29-07-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have an old Comag FTA receiver - model DVB-FTAIII. I think it might even pre-date the Lidl boxes others have. It has the same user interface as the SL65.

I recently went fiddling because I wasn't getting some channels (Ch 4, Film 4 and others). Now I can't get most of my previous channels back. All the transponders that have been posted on this forum (thanks guys) are there but still no joy. I've deleted and re-added and re-scanned these but still nothing. :confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

Or do I need to get a new box and if so which is recommended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Are you still getting some channels that you were getting before you went "fiddling"? If you are, name a few.

And by "fiddling", do you mean messing about with the settings in the menus, or had you opened the box, and started fiddling with the innards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

As biologikal says, are you getting anything at all? By fiddling, do you mean just with the software or did you mess with the dish?

mj

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe you did something simple like turn LNB power off, or change the settings for a Universal LNB.

If all else fails, maybe do a Factory Reset, and start from scratch.

biologikal wrote: »
    Are you still getting some channels that you were getting before you went "fiddling"? If you are, name a few.

And by "fiddling", do you mean messing about with the settings in the menus, or had you opened the box, and started fiddling with the innards?

No, just fiddling with settings, like deleting and re-adding transponders.

• Advertisement

mjsmyth wrote: »
    As biologikal says, are you getting anything at all? By fiddling, do you mean just with the software or did you mess with the dish?

mj

I was editing transponders, nothing else. I didn't mess with the dish but it might have been moved due to a bang onthe guy lines. However the BBC TV channels seem OK. ITV channels still working but with poorer reception.

byte wrote: »
    Maybe you did something simple like turn LNB power off, or change the settings for a Universal LNB.

If all else fails, maybe do a Factory Reset, and start from scratch.

I did the factory reset and started from scratch. Now even less channels. Could I be doing something wrong in scanning? The box seems to scan about 85 transponders but still very few radio channels appear, about 12 in all.

What should the LNB settings be? I have it set to Universal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

joeirish wrote: »
    I did the factory reset and started from scratch. Now even less channels. Could I be doing something wrong in scanning? The box seems to scan about 85 transponders but still very few radio channels appear, about 12 in all.

What should the LNB settings be? I have it set to Universal.

Universal is correct, and is on if you're getting some channels.

I dunno about your box, but the SL65 I use has an "Autoscan" option in the "Installation" menu - have you something similar, and if you have, have you tried it? (You might be doing something like a "Preset" scan, which may only have a limited amount of transponder frequencies preset).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

If everything was fine previously, and now some channels are gone and others are flaky, then it sounds a bit like a problem with your dish. You do mention that it got a bit of a knock, or at least the guy lines?? did..

Moving the dish is a two man job, one to watch the tv (If I remeber correctly the SL65 has an onscreen tone thingy to help align the dish) and the other to move it in very very small amounts.

mj

biologikal wrote: »
    Universal is correct, and is on if you're getting some channels.

I dunno about your box, but the SL65 I use has an "Autoscan" option in the "Installation" menu - have you something similar, and if you have, have you tried it? (You might be doing something like a "Preset" scan, which may only have a limited amount of transponder frequencies preset).

Thanks for the help. I think I finally cracked it. I did a manual scan on one transponder (11954 I think) and this found the BBC radio channels and added them. Don't know why they were not being picked up on the Autoscan. Hopefully things will work now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement