Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help getting back into the game

Options
  • 29-07-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hey!
    I played Warhammer and 40k about 12 years ago. I played for a good few years and loved the painting/converting aspect. Bought a few models a while ago to paint and convert, and now I wanna get back into the game. I have a small enough army now.

Gonna do some Space Marines to start with a then maybe some Witch hunters.

I bought the 40k rule book about 4 months back, but unfortunitly, i just read they are re-releasing the rule book. Does anyone have any links to vids to learn how to play, its hard reading the rule book all on your own trying to reteach yourself.

Any help would be great! Thanks

(Gonna post some poor quaility pictures in the pictures thread now, let me know what u think)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I've no video links, but, I'd suggest joining a nearby club if there is one. Where are you based?

If you're in Dublin then the Dublin Games Guild plays in Models Inc on Dorset street every Wednesday night from 7pm. You can arrange a game on modelsinc.ie/yabb and people won't mind you being pretty unsure of the rules.

If you're from outside Dublin, maybe we can help you find your nearest club.

(we also play a lot of WarMachine/Hordes http://www.privateerpress.com if you're interested. Metal models so a bit harder to convert, but very good looking, and a great game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Thanks for the info.

I live on the North side, pretty easy to get into the city centre, but the major problem is work hours. I'll get and army painted up and see what I can do from there.

I might check out model inc. on the weekend, I pass it on the bus all the time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Hanza wrote: »
    I might check out model inc. on the weekend, I pass it on the bus all the time.
    Staff are very friendly in Models Inc. I have only been in about 3-4 times and was treated like an adult and not pressed to buy "the new dragon"

Am looking forward to organising myself to get in there to play a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Hey Bramble, do get yourself organised and come in for a game. The shop has been great for the DGG, and we're going from strength to strength on Wednesdays.

The Underground Gamers recently moved to the shop on Tuesdays, and while they have fewer players than us currently, it looks like it's growing too. It suits me to pop in some Tuesdays as well, and they're nice lads.

Advertisement