Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to air

Options
  • 29-07-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Any idea who is offering FTA in the Thomastown Kilkenny area. I am interested in getting this done soon.

Also different point I know but just picking your brains... new house, connected our tv to the aerial in the wall - we don't have an aerial on the roof or anything but even DVD's are black and white???? can this be right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

look in the local Golden Pages (under Television aerials, dishes and towers) or try the local paper. Watch out there's more than a few cowboys around. Personal recommendation is always the safest way.
    As regards your TV problem does your set look like this?:D:D:D

nov5tv.jpg

If so I suggest you buy a new one . Nearly all new ones do colour!
    If not try adjusting the colour , contrast and brightness settings. If no good it's knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The aerial socket in the wall is most likely connected to nothing, i.e. wire bare in the attic. Not sure why the DVDs are b&w though, u sure everything is connected behind tv?
    Remember DTT starts soon so you will get your rte easily from that while don't look for cheapest FTA system if its satellite your talking about (remember also no irish channels on FTA systems), try www.satellite.ie as he has good equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭emaherx

Sorry Don't know a FTA satellite installer in your area.
    thesocial wrote: »
    Also different point I know but just picking your brains... new house, connected our tv to the aerial in the wall - we don't have an aerial on the roof or anything but even DVD's are black and white???? can this be right.

But on this problem DVD's in black and white have nothing to do with your Ariel.
    Possibly a bad scart connector or the colour is turned down on your TV.

If you don't have an Ariel on your roof (or in your attic) then the Ariel in your wall as you put it, is just a cable going nowhere, unless you are connected to NTL or Corus.

If you don't have an Ariel and are not connected to cable then you should invest in an Ariel as well as FTA satellite, Its possible that the same installer will do this

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

thesocial wrote: »

Check all the connections are tightly connected between the television & any other devices you have. Also check that the picture output format is PAL. Some televisions do other formats like NTSC etc and may affect the picture colour.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Try Bridge Records in New ross, or Dalton tv in Kilkenny city

• Advertisement
Advertisement