Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accumulator Query- Was i Robbed??

Options
  • 29-07-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

i got a €50 accum up at the weekend for 5 gaa games:D went in to the bookies yesterday evening to collect and got paid out:D

so heres the problem.. when i wrote out the accum(in a rush as the tyrone match was just starting) i didnt put the price beside any of the 5 teams. i put the bet through and then went to write the price of each team on my docket for my own benifit. it was then that i realised that they had not got the wicklow game price on there weekend matches list in the shop so i enquired about it and the lady said she'd ring and try get a price for me. she rang and couldnt get a price at the time, so i asked what were my options and she said i can either take them off the accum or leave them and she would get me a price eventually!! i said id leave them on, happy days.

well to get to the point, they only paid me the accum based on 4 results rather than the 5, due to not being able to get a price on the fifth team(wicklow). is this standard or have i been robbed?? i argued my point above an she just said that she cannot get a price or some bullsh1t so there is nothing she can do only pay me out on the 4 other results:mad::eek::confused:

help/advice please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

You need somebody here to confirm that bookmakers were offering odds on the Wicklow match. I persume as it was the mickey mouse Tommy Murphy cup and Wicklow have some previous and they were up against a weak Leitrim team that Wicklow would have been short odds. If bookies were offering odds, go back to the shop and ask for the number of the raceroom. Ring them and tell them your situation.
    They should ammend your accum to include Wicklow but its purely on condition that they were offering prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What firm was it?

Advertisement