Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of one of these in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

Where are you located? Cork I am guessing :p
    Just so you know the two links you posted are NOT the same thing??
    What is it you want to do exactly and i'll let you know what you need and where to find it.

Homer

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

It's for hooking the a Xbox 360 VGA cable to my HDTV to get sound.
    I can get the picture no problem, but can't get sound no matter what.

My TV has loads of red/white inputs and I've tried them all to no avail.

So I looked up a solution online and discovered that you have to plug the 2 audio leads into a device like one of those above.

I don't own an xbox (PS3 owner!) BUT as far as I know if you are trying to connect your xbox to your HD TV then you should be using this cable

component_hd_av_cable_xb360.jpg

This will give you a component feed to your TV (HD signal) and the audio seperately to your TV's audio (red & white) inputs.

I know they brought out a newer xbox that had hdmi output but this would carry sound AND picture to your TV so i'm guessing it's the older 360?

If you have an older 360 then the above cable is the simplest way to get HD picture and audio at the same time to your HD TV.

Hope that helps.

Homer.

I have that cable, and it works fine. I also have a fully working HDMI cable.

But I want to connect my 360 via VGA too.

Don't ask!

Ahhhhh ok!

So you are going to use one of these (which I presume you have already?)

ImgW.asp?cd=MX031&fd=f3

And your TV has a single (headphone type) socket beside the VGA port?

If so then the picture you posted in the original thread (first pic, not second one) is the one you want.

It has a 3.5mm plug that will go into your TV and two rca sockets that the audio leads will connect into.

STEREO-PLUG%20-2X-RCA-SOCKET-GOLD.jpg

It won't be the easiest thing in the world to find off the shelf outside of Dublin but I would try (again assuming you are in cork and not the mushroom kingdom?! :p) Soundtrax on Camden Quay. 021 4509 888.

• Advertisement

You're exactly right, with regards to the above vga input and me living in cork.

Never even heard of soundtrax but will check it out.

Found one on peats but they're looking for 7.99, plus 14 P&P.

Nasty.
    http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=22293

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

jayteecork wrote: »
    Found one on peats but they're looking for 7.99, plus 14 P&P.

Nasty.
    http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=22293

Peats sell a cheaper one for €2. The P&P is next day registered delivery, if you don't want to pay that you can get them to pop it in an envelope for you.

I picked one up on ebay for about 4 euro delivered.

Advertisement