Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the new Super Valu come to a halt?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Has the new Super Valu on the Hacketstown Road in Carlow come to a halt? Signs say it was to open in Summer 08 but there has been no movement on it for a couple of weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

builders holidays perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

you would think if it was to open in Summer 08 that they would work through.. like that for over 4 weeks or so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

lucylu wrote: »
    you would think if it was to open in Summer 08 that they would work through.. like that for over 4 weeks or so..

No builder in the land works these 3 weeks.

technically it's still summer too

ehh 2 days left this summer ... !

• Advertisement

to me autumn starts in september:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

patrickc wrote: »
    to me autumn starts in september:D

i agree, and anyways the seasons aren't the same anymore.:O

But back on topic all the builder take holidays last week,this week and next week every year. Always have always will.

An Bord Pleanala have appealed a decision to demolish the old Super valu on Tullow Street and its to be heard in Sept.
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/228456.htm

An Bord Pleanala have appealed a decision to demolish the old Super valu on Tullow Street and its to be heard in Sept.
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/228456.htm

that shouldnt affect the opening of the new one i'd imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Heard a rumour that all the outlets in the new premises have not been sold to other shops yet so that is halting the progress of things. Personally i don't see it being a problem. I reckon it's all just the holidays of the builders tempoarily stopping it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 CarlowRebel

I drive past it twice a day and i don't think anything has been done there for a while before the builders holidays. Going by the signs, apart from Super Valu, only one other place has been let out to a betting shop. Heard from a taxi driver that a pub in Tullow street was looking to set up out there. It would be handy to have a pub out there seeing as i'm only 2 minutes away!

between a pub there and millers would be equidistant for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Seemingly there is a barbers going into one of the units

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CarlowRebel

I'd rather head into town than go into millers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Super Valu is an expensive store anyway. Do they offer much of a price difference between other stores?

I'd rather head into town than go into millers.

its grand for a midweek pint and a game of pool.
    Sully wrote: »
    Super Valu is an expensive store anyway. Do they offer much of a price difference between other stores?

they seem quite competitive in Carlow, what with Tesco, Dunnes, 2 Aldi's, a Lidl and Superquinn. not to mention your Hickson's and the like,

passed by the new one today, it seems to be coming along nicely

it's opening tomorrow.

Advertisement