Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage repayment

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Guys a quick question for the people in the know

Mortgage I have been offered is 87k + 20k improvement

House after repair has been valued at 130k

Bank are giving me a mortage but since the first application they have changed the interest rate to ECB + 2.05%

Leaving me with repayments of 660 a month over 30 yrs

Is this a rip off?

Was thinking of trying to get else where but am on my own and only backmin my current job 5 months.

The bank took into account that I worked here before for 7 yrs and wages were always paid into bank.

Have no other loans or repayments.

Opinions would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

ECB + 2.05% is a very high tracker rate, what bank is that with? You would definitely get a better deal than that if you shopped around.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Could you not pay it back over a shorter period?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

thats a giant tracker rate imho - shop around and see who else is out there..

Your loan to value ratio is at around 82% - so do you need *all* that money for repairs? Drop a few grand off your '+20k' and you fall below the magic 80% loan to value rate, where you get a much better rate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Thanks for replies.

Its the Ulster Bank..

If I dont use all the money will the rate then fall?

Just thought that because I am only back in my job a few months I wouldnt get it any other place than the bank where my wages get paid in and where they would know my employment history.

Would paying back over 25 years make much of a change?

Thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You should try and contact a mortgage broker, and also a few banks yourself, they'll get you a far far better deal than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement