Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13E and 28.2E equipment

Options
  • 28-07-2008 7:55pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from my previous thread, I've climbed out of the window and measured the dish. It's about 70cm across. So the plan is to swap it over with a Triax 88cm dish and use a Triax multiholder.

The new plan is to have four downleads all connected to two LNBs. Two to the living room (for a twin tuner PVR) and one each to two bedrooms.

1) What's the difference between a Triax TD88 and a TDA88 apart from the A being aluminium?

2) DiSEqC switches (4?) + 2 quads or multiswitch (9/4) + 2 quattros?

3) a) Order all from UK, or b) split order (receivers UK / dish, brackets, LNBs DE), or c) get the whole lot from DE? I'm inclined to do option b) at the minute as it saves a few quid without potentially getting bogged down with receiver support issues.

4) For the twin tuner box is their a good SD option that will allow me to get files easily to PC and back again?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

i find germany to be good value for sat gear..
    I'd say buy it all from one online german retailer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

you may as well include 19E as you are at it as the diseqc for 4 is only a small bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

maybe u should think about a quattpo lnb and a multiswitch.

It would future proof u, if u ever put pvr's in any of the bedroom's.
    A 9x8 or 9x12 multiswitch would do fine for two sat positions

It would also allow u to run the ordinary tv signal down the same cable, and u would have a diplexed tv point to split the signal.

It's just a thought

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Cheers for the replies.

Whilst I'd consider getting the extra LNBs and the larger multiswitch, I'm in rented so I don't want to bust the bank on those things.

If I was going to spend extra I'd throw it in the direction of the PVR, or maybe a proper telly. ;)

I've looked at hm-sat, any other German retails worth a browse?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've only personally bought from hm-sat, but I suppose there's loads in Germany.

Others I browse from time to time are toci.de and satking.de

• Advertisement
Advertisement