Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Newbie Questions...

Options
  • 28-07-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

Can I connect a dvd recorder to a plain old sky box and if so do I have to watch what I'm recording while I'm recording it or can I switch over like you can with analogue tv?

Can I connect a dvd recoder to a sky plus box and record what I've saved onto the sky plus hard disk onto dvd ?

Thanks to anyone reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

If you connect a bog standard Sky digibox to a DVD recorder, you can only record what ever is being outputted by the box by RF or scart (i.e. the channel you're watching). However, you could watch an analogue channel while recording as this is completely separate.

Regarding Sky+, although it has two tuners, it can't output two separate channels at the same time through its scart and RF connectors -- the idea is you watch one thing and record another or record two at the same time. As above, you can still watch an analogue channel in this case.

Hope that's cleared things up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes, if you hook up a DVD recorder to a Sky+ box you can copy programmes you have Sky+'d but it only copies in 'real time' (i.e. an hour programme takes an hour to record) and you can't use the Sky+ box while you are doing this. I deal with this by recording programmes from my Sky+ box overnight. I have a hard drive on my DVD recorder so I cut out the ads before putting on DVD. I then watch the DVDs on my laptop when I am away for work. My TV is also tuned into the analogue Irish stations so I can watch these while recording from the Sky+ box.

Advertisement