Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realistic Flight sim?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Does anyone know any good realistic flight sims?

I tried FSX Deluxe but it was total crap :eek: Unless its just me, the planes were FAR to easy to take of and land as well as fly. They had amazing tolerances etc.

Helicopters were the same :|

I was on the hardest difficulty.

Basically anything that I can use my X-52 pro on :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

FSX is crap.

FS9 is millions of times better

Theres also Xplane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Kenmare

FSX is crap.

FS9 is millions of times better

Theres also Xplane

Is FS9 more realistic? My pc runs FSX well, im just disappointed in how......meh it is.

Just push throttle and you are off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

FSX's graphics are waaaay better than FS9. No good for online flying though....yet. If you've the rig to run it well you'll enjoy FSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

FSX deluxe is one of the bests flight sims you can get, however the default aircraft are pretty basic. so you need to addon aircraft:
    1.PMDG-747-400x

2.Level D 767

3.wilco airbus vol 1 and 2

4.wilco airbus A380

these planes are as real as the real thing!

put your realism settings to max also!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Any even above average pc cannot handle FSX to make it good, hence FS9 is better.

Even with the payware stuff I still think FSX is rubbish....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Flight gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Any even above average pc cannot handle FSX to make it good, hence FS9 is better.

Even with the payware stuff I still think FSX is rubbish....

You don't buy an average pc when your running FSX, you need a 1000+euro PC
    once you get your mind around that, FSX graphics are better, plus it wont be long before addons will only be available for FSX and FS9 will be left behind.

its a bit like saying that my 386 pc is fine for running FS5, time to move on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Self shadowing (even in the vc cockpit:cool:), bump mapping bloom,cockpit sharing etc really makes FSX shine.FS9 was good....but FSX is better.
    FSX+Ultimate Terrain EuropeX+ActiveSky/GraphicsX= :cool:

My latest addon is the Skysim Hawk. Nothing like flying this jet 100ft off the deck at 400kts through the Machloop with real world weather enabled and all sliders to the right:D

Advertisement