Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Expenses

Options
  • 28-07-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've recently finished college and I was cleaning the room out the other day I found a pile of student train tickets that i had used over the last year, in total the value of them comes to over €1000.
    My question, is there anyway to claim back part of this expense, as I wasnt entitled to a student grant etc., possibly a tax refund or something?
    It must be the student in me still wondering about this:pac:

If this isnt the right forum for this, mods please feel free to move, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No.

The costs of travelling to/from your place of business/study/worship/philandering cannot be claimed as an expense unless your employer allows you to. In which case, it will be taxed as a benefit in kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Would you not have got a student discount anyway?

Advertisement