Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 17.35 train is back from today!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How long had it been gone and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Since last December ish from what I can recall - only ran for a few weeks after it was introduced. Had to do with staffing issues and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

Sully wrote: »
    How long had it been gone and why?

yeh there drivers that were to drive it where on overtime and they refuded to do it.

it ran for 2 days in January when the new timetable was introduced and that was it.

about time it's running IR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

no harm i'll tell ya that, me and a friend were supposed to get it back to carlow last week and having not known it had been cancelled we had to get the bus transfer in newbridge and it really was off-putting..there was 8 people on the big coach, it just could not have been cost - effective to have two coach transfers..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

A friend eh... o_O Sounds suspicious :p

• Advertisement

Wanna go back on topic mr.lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Lets see how long it lasts for now!

anyone got the 17.35 yet? just wondering what it's like capacity/crowd wise? is it one of the new trains?

patrickc wrote: »
    anyone got the 17.35 yet? just wondering what it's like capacity/crowd wise? is it one of the new trains?

Hi yeh have gotten it all week. Its a new 3 car train. Its grand. It looks busy but by the time everyone gets off at newbridge its more or less empty. I think once people realise its back it will get busier.

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Hi yeh have gotten it all week. Its a new 3 car train. Its grand. It looks busy but by the time everyone gets off at newbridge its more or less empty. I think once people realise its back it will get busier.

3 cars seems small enough tbh?

yeh you'd imagine there'd still be a big crowd on it after Newbridge alright

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    3 cars seems small enough tbh?

yeh you'd imagine there'd still be a big crowd on it after Newbridge alright

Sorry I forgot the 3 car set is connected to another 3 car set making it 6 cars. All the new trains are 3 car sets and can be connected to each other to form a 6 car set but you cant walk down the full lenght. IE have also ordered 6 car sets but I think these are only for intercity journeys, they will have full dinning service as well.

I suppose when the service is running every 2 hours each way there will be plenty of room on the new trains.

yeah lets hope so was on the 4.25 train today and it was jammers!

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot the 3 car set is connected to another 3 car set making it 6 cars. All the new trains are 3 car sets and can be connected to each other to form a 6 car set but you cant walk down the full lenght. IE have also ordered 6 car sets but I think these are only for intercity journeys, they will have full dinning service as well.

I suppose when the service is running every 2 hours each way there will be plenty of room on the new trains.

2 hrs each way, thats January i believe is it?

4.25 is always busy as it stops in most of the kildare stations.
    January I think yeh.

Advertisement