Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Gamble

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Just been told there is going to be a monster gamble on Lecanvey in the 7.35 today at Galway...GET ON

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

what are the odds on it,
    how many racing

cant acces the bookies from work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

7/1 with pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Just checked it out on Sky sports overnight of 8/1. Not sure what latest price is but above quotes 7/1. Early yet I suppose.

This is a 7 F race. So speed, speed. Very interesting though.

6/1 on Hills.

just checked oddschecker now and money is starting to come for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

11/1 to 6/1 with Lads. Stuck a fiver on anyway for the buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

In from 8s to 7s to 6s and now 5s with PP. Lot of money for it. Interesting.

yes and it would take more money today to do this than a normal one as this is the festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gerard1987

Hey,
    Who told u that there was going to be a massive gamble on it? Was it from a good source... trainer/owner?

Confirmed just been to Hills 5/1. Stuck tenner on it. Come on baby!

• Advertisement

Gerard im in the racing game thats all im going to say.Not saying this horse will win but knew it was going to be gambled on..
    If anyone on here uses the exchanges I could post up a few horses here ever week that people could back and lay..

If anyone on here uses the exchanges I could post up a few horses here ever week that people could back and lay..

Do it so, start a bookiebasher's tips thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mick Halfords Davorin is also the subject of a gamble, 20s into 11s at the minute. Runs at 7.00 in the big race in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

wyndham wrote: »
    Do it so, start a bookiebasher's tips thread.

Right after the first one wins. ;)

Cad a tharla?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then did any of these coups come off?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Horse ran a stinker and was never really in the race he was hard riden from 2 out. Basically you new your faith very early. I dont know much about horses but it looked like the horse didnt enjoy the ground.

Whenever Fahy has a runner in Galway they seem to be well supported but the optimism here was a little misplaced.

FWIW I hear one of his runners tonight is well fancied also.

Not for me but its Bolodenka currently @ 10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I very rarely back a horse I get a tip for. And I have a simple reason:

I don't know anyone in horseracing. When I get a tip it is usually 7th hand. Everybody and his sister has backed it. All the value is gone out of the early price where the horse may have been overvalued. The horse that might have been 11/1 is now 5/1. I believe it is very unlikely that this horse will win 1 out of every 6 times.

This thread reminded me of a recent post in the Tips for a nag sticky. A horse was tipped at 5/1 but had already been backed in from 16/1. The horse didn't place.

It is just my opinion but I believe that unless you are getting the tip very early be careful about backing it as the value is probably gone.
    I'm not saying that these tips don't win but I do believe that people should only be backing the horse if they still feel it represents value. And if you are not backing on exchanges try to back with a bookie that will give you the better of the early price or SP.

just to defend myself a little..i actually agree with what u are saying but if u check the time of my post the horse was 10/1 ..it returned 7/2

It was put up on here as a trading opp for anyone that uses the exchanges

That was a good call yesterday bookiebasher.
    It was a pity about the run but im sure you laid some of bet off before the race and you came out with a profit...
    Do you fancy anything today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

how was it a good call?

Just curious, not being smart.
    I havnt a clue but got a tip(?) on this horse and then checked it here and it didnt come in.

if u back a horse at 10/1 and lay it as 7/2 u have a FREE BET @ 13/2...

So if only 1 win in 10 you are still making money..

U just got to know the horses that will be gambled on !!!

Exactly my point bookiebasher....
    We were told to back the horse whaen it was 10s and it went off at 7/2.
    Therefore, if I had a €100 @ 10s in the morning and then I went on to the exchanges and laid the horse for a €100 @ 7/2, I would be even if the horse lost and up €650 if the horse won....
    Or even you could lay the horse for €200 @7/2. in this case if the horse lost you would be up €100 and if it won you would be €300. it would be a winner either way...

exactly...dont think i will post up here again though as some people dont trade on exchanges and might get thick with me ha ha

You fancy anything this evening? I think hucklebuck could go well in the first...

fancy formax to be placed in the 4.40 goodwood @ 14/1..bigger on the exchanges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

lecanvey: and that horse has JUST FINISHED!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

lecanvey: and that horse has JUST FINISHED!!!!:D

Read the charter you fucking idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

was only a joke, god... relax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭richardbradley

This started out as a quality tip that cash would be lumped on. Please post anymore you get as they are very useful when playing the exchanges.

When i lived in the UK I got good information on 'steamers' ie horses that were being backed and the odds coming down, in time to back and then lay for guaranteed profit. As not all come down enough in price sometimes you take the hit and dont lay, but like you say if 1 in 5 steam enough to lay then with time you're quids in.

Don't give up for fear of disappointing a few people who still saw value at 5-1 despite the original tip being at 10-1! Please keep them coming!!!

Advertisement