Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Events

Options
  • 28-07-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

I was thinking it may be good to have a thread dedicated to free events coming up all over the country, for those who are low on funds but still want soemthing interesting to do. All these events should be free and provide a link if possible. The reason I wanted to do this was there was a free air show in Bray yesterday which I missed out on because heard nothing about it.

I'll start with the following.

Event: Food market (and some family activities)
    Date: Sunday August 3rd
    Link: www.farmleigh.ie

Everyone else add to this and maybe it can be stickied if people add the events they know about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

There's a forum request in for this at the moment;

Free in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Sherifu wrote: »
    There's a forum request in for this at the moment;

Free in Ireland

Oh cool thats good, this thread will only help show it would be good to have a forum for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

chris85 wrote: »
    I was thinking it may be good to have a thread dedicated to free events coming up all over the country, for those who are low on funds but still want soemthing interesting to do. All these events should be free and provide a link if possible. The reason I wanted to do this was there was a free air show in Bray yesterday which I missed out on because heard nothing about it.

I'll start with the following.

Event: Food market (and some family activities)
    Date: Sunday August 3rd
    Link: www.farmleigh.ie

Everyone else add to this and maybe it can be stickied if people add the events they know about.

WORST THREAD EVER (comic book guy voice)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

WORST THREAD EVER (comic book guy voice)

yeah yeah, only an example of whats out there. Plenty want free events to be known as do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Spraoi has loads of free events on this weekend in Waterford City.

You can check out the programme here

http://www.spraoi.com/

B~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

nice idea , i almost missed the kings of concrete event at the weekend had it not been mentioned in the photography forum

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Definitely a good thread idea - I would be particularly interested in events that aren't centred around alcohol consumption and such activities as most are nowadays unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Advertisement