Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing out of poker Stars

Options
  • 28-07-2008 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

At last I get to make one of these requests ...

What do people advise on cashing out of PS at the moment?
    Is it worth it the way the Dollar is?
    Best method?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'd generally keep as few dollars online as possible. Not cashed out in a while *sniffle*, but would usually cash out to my credit card, or by cheque if it was a large amount. The cheques come from shannon so they're pretty quick,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

My reccommendation after a nice score is to spend a decent chunk on something absolutely frivolous and retarded that you can look back on after the inevitable post heater spew-off*

*note- may not apply to those who practice good bankroll management

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Whenever I've cashed out with Stars, I've always opted for cheque. It doesn't take long to arrive and there's no charges involved.... and you feel **** cool going in to cash a cheque - or maybe that's just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Whenever I've cashed out with Stars, I've always opted for cheque. It doesn't take long to arrive and there's no charges involved.... and you feel **** cool going in to cash a cheque - or maybe that's just me?

how long does a cheque take? never really played on stars much, but am deep enough in the sunday millions tonight and heading to vegas at the w.end so a few extra dollars won't go a miss there. :)

Mine always arrived within 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Request a DHL delivery of the cheque. 48 hours max.

One thing to keep in mind is that the cheque will take some time to clear, so it may be worth withdrawing to your credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

u actually get a decent rate when you transfer back to your visa card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

stars dont let you withdraw to a cc from some reasons, I've tried and failed.

I've always done it by cheque and the cheque comes from Galway, so you'll have it within 48 hours. Its drawn on a Irish bank account, so usually clears very quickly.

so cc first and than cheq.

As for the rate, I don't think its going to improve soon, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I thought it was only MasterCard that you're not allowed withdraw to? I use a MasterCard myself so I don't know if Visa's work but as far as I know it's only an issue with MasterCard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ollieboy wrote: »

I've always done it by cheque and the cheque comes from Galway, so you'll have it within 48 hours. Its drawn on a Irish bank account, so usually clears very quickly.

As for the rate, I don't think its going to improve soon, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    I thought it was only MasterCard that you're not allowed withdraw to? I use a MasterCard myself so I don't know if Visa's work but as far as I know it's only an issue with MasterCard.

Yes. This is something that MasterCard don't allow for some reason. But it's MasterCard's rule and isn't anything to do with the poker sites. So other credit cards should be ok.
    I don't play on Stars, so I can't say for certain.

i requested a cheaque to be sent last night....so will let ye know how long it takes to get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ollieboy wrote: »

I've only ever withdrawn to my visa from stars and never had a problem.

got my cheque this morning...so less than 48hrs once you request it. not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I've only ever withdrawn to my visa from stars and never had a problem.

Is there a $2k limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Is there a $2k limit?

There is some limit if i remember properly. Think its more like $3k. But you can go straight back on and withdraw more.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

I know im dragging up a dead post but just wondering on how it takes for the money to go into your visa once you've withdrawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

when i deposit on to stars i use visa debit card(ulster bank)
    and i withdraw direct into my bank account and it takes approx.3 working day

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheRebelRam

How do you request a cheque instead of withdrawing onto cc card?
    Is there a phone number to get in touch?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why do people get a cheque vs a card/account transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I recently lost my CC so had to cancel it and register the new one on PS but have'nt as yet made a deposit with the new card (running well, long may it continue) so could'nt withdraw to the new one, so got a cheque.

The major drawback with the cheque is that you have to lodge it to your account and banks do not look kindly on transactions form gambling sites when you apply for a loan/mortgage.

The way I got around this was to lodge it to my credit union account lodge and then withdraw it once it clears:D Im a money landurer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Ya, ive often gotten a cheque in 2/3 days

Advertisement