Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRACES treatment

Options
  • 27-07-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to go to another country to get braces because it would be cheaper. But I want to know if i can receive the treatments and follow ups you normally get after getting braces in Dublin, Ireland.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Hi Shamoono,

I'm thinking of getting braces and I will do it locally. I really don't know if there are any arrangements to share such work between countries but I would suggest you be very wary about this.

Maybe for other treatments traveling might work, but for braces you will need to see the orthodontist pretty much every month for 18 months to 2 years.

I know it would be much cheaper abroad but I think you may have no choice. You may be able to work out a payment plan spread over 2 years.

Ix.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm getting braces in about a month, I have to have the steel ones, and total cost is about 5000, I pay 1000 first visit then I pay the rest off over the two years if that helps?

Plus you can claim tax back on it.

Advertisement