Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ now FREE to newbies

Options
  • 27-07-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

....as per a four-page ad in today's Sunday World. Offer ends 31.07.08.

they really are pre-empting DTT early. FAir play to them, but what about free HD for us existing customers??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

do ye need to have the paper to get it. no mention on the website or in the sunday times:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

sweetie wrote: »
    do ye need to have the paper to get it. no mention in the sunday times:D

I don't have the paper, read it in a friend's house. But there was a number to call, which may or may not have been the regular sky umber.

btw, I see prices are goin up again :rolleyes:

http://www.sky.com/Assets/PDF/StaticFiles/4397210.pdf

anyone have the number, never got the paper?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

Would love free HD, want to see what it's like. Watching bugs in Harvey Normans doesn't give me an insight into what my fav shows would look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Munya wrote: »
    Would love free HD, want to see what it's like. Watching bugs in Harvey Normans doesn't give me an insight into what my fav shows would look like.

I think they are referring to free HD in the sense of a free Hard Disk recorder i.e. SKy Plus, not HD as in High Definition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

I think they are referring to free HD in the sense of a free Hard Disk recorder i.e. SKy Plus, not HD as in High Definition.

But but but he said "but what about free HD for us existing customers??"
    as in existing Sky+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

mmm see what you mean, can't see the connection between free High Definition and Free sky plus though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The connection is that we've been paying for it and now it's being offered free so the least they could do is offer us free Sky HD.

Call 0818 719 855 and quote "Free Sky+ box 0708" until 31/07.

Also small print mentions 7.50 per month multiroom subscription too.

I wonder will they accept this in conjunction with 'introduce a friend' too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

same offer in mail on Sunday, 49 euro installation though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Earthnohow

It sounds like Sky are loosing more LONG TERM customers than even I suspected. I have been with them for over 15 years and I have just ditched them. I told them I was not happy with their recent price hike threat and the poor service we in the ROI have had compared with the UK. They had nothing to say to that. So much for "Loyalty" and I was not offered any alternative package to keep me on board. So they are now resigned to getting some wake calls from their Loyal customers.
    They will probably keep their loyal sports subscribers on board, but there is now a CHOICE at last for the rest of us.
    That choice must be made know to all Sky subscribers both far and near and thank Buddha we have the internet for relaying it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

both UK and Ireland will find Sky having subs losses. Launch of Freesat in UK will definitely damage them, Setanta not requiring a sky sub is another factor while lastly DTT coming on board will definitely give sky a rough ride. "Recession" means its easy to cut back on sky to save money, channels can still come in with small purchase of equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I got Sky+ recently and it's so handy. Being able to pause Live TV and not being restricted to watching a programme at a certain time is very usefull. I was an existing customer and I got mine installed for €150 and they installed the old box in another room for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

You would do well to read about Boxer & DTT in Ireland in the Terrestrail forum and see how it is no match to UPC & SKY. Its going to bomb massively IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Call 0818 719 855 and quote "Free Sky+ box 0708" until 31/07.

Also small print mentions 7.50 per month multiroom subscription too.

I wonder will they accept this in conjunction with 'introduce a friend' too :)

They do accept in conjunction with "introduce a friend". Only 6 hrs left in which to join up under these conditions if anyone's interested. :)

chilly wrote: »
    They do accept in conjunction with "introduce a friend". Only 6 hrs left in which to join up under these conditions if anyone's interested. :)

you sure? terms and conditions say otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

you sure? terms and conditions say otherwise

I rang up to join today using this code. I asked about the "introduce a friend" thing and the man I spoke to said it was fine to use with this offer. He gave me a number to call to set it up and the girl I spoke to in the "introduce a friend" dept said they definitely did accept it but to call back once it was installed to put the wheels in motion!
    Knowing my luck they'll have changed their tune by then. :o
    It's still a good offer though...I can't complain too much. :)

chilly wrote: »
    I rang up to join today using this code. I asked about the "introduce a friend" thing and the man I spoke to said it was fine to use with this offer. He gave me a number to call to set it up and the girl I spoke to in the "introduce a friend" dept said they definitely did accept it but to call back once it was installed to put the wheels in motion!
    Knowing my luck they'll have changed their tune by then. :o
    It's still a good offer though...I can't complain too much. :)

cool. will chance it in a few days too. thanks

Advertisement