Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn Up

Options
  • 27-07-2008 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this?

I thought it was pretty good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never heard of it so had it look it up on TV.com.

Bradley Whitford and Neve Campbell in a BBC drama? :confused: Could be good though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TV equivilent to a cheap paperback thriller. The only thing missing was badies wearing black hats and smoking.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

mike65 wrote: »
    TV equivilent to a cheap paperback thriller. The only thing missing was badies wearing black hats and smoking.

Mike.

hhmmm, guess that's one way of describing it. I wouldn't disagree with that, but it did what it said on the tin and entertained for 3 hours with a bit of suspense, a credible storyline and reasonably good acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

It's another bbc production by Kudos (maybe it was a joint production with a North American outfit) and they don't stray particularly far from a given template

a) it shall look good
    b) the acting shall be above average
    c) it shall not be highbrow
    d) it will be entertaining

The other things they've done - Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Spooks, Hustle...it's all the same type of thing. Thoroughly enjoyable hokum.

Mike up there compares it to a cheap paperback thriller and I'd have to agree - although I'd mean it in a good way :D

Advertisement