Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting lnb cable to sky box

Options
  • 27-07-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

When I connect the lnb cable to the sky box it is very very tempermental, it just isn't a case of screwing the cable in, if i screw it tight it will loose signal quality and strenght, I have to gently connect the cable and it can take a long time doing this to get the signal quality / strenght to come on. Am I doing something wrong ?
    Tried to use this connection with a freesat box and signal / quality remained at 0%.
    Needless to say this is very frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That doesn't sound like a very well-fitted connection (or F connector at least). How much of the core of the cable is protruding from the screw-on of the F-connector?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

I reckon 7 cm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That seems very excessive! Should be a few mm. See the bottom of this page. It may be worth making a new connection of the F-connector to the cable altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

peering into "pin end" the inner core must be level with the metal shoulder.

The 2mm to 3mm exposed from braid is only before assembly onto the connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

Thanks guys for the info, shall redo the connection this evening and see how I get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement