Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky + Pixelated Picture

Options
  • 27-07-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Im having this problem with me Sky picture quality, maybe someone has an idea on it.

I have Sky+ It crashed big style the other night. Anytime I was recording a program Id get a pink/green artefacted screen and the whole box would need to be rebooted before it "might" work again. It got so bad it started happening all the time even without recording so I got some tips online and did a Sky Planner rebuild and reset the box from the front panel.

All seems ok now but im getting a fairly pixelated picture that i never had before. Its still not too bad, but not near as good as the sharpness i had before the problem. I know its not a signal issue cos i have good signal on both inputs and me TV is a 37" JVC which is very crisp on upscaled DVDs etc (and obviously was grand for Sky before I did the reset), So im sure its something to do with the reset thats caused this.

Does anyone know if is something ill have to put up with or is there anything that can be done??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

You forgot to tell us the make and model number.
    http://sam-radford.me.uk/skyplus.htm

If Thomson, it's probably a faulty power supply.
    If Amstrad, faulty PSU and/or faulty capacitors on the main board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Hi,

Sorry about that. Its always the obvious stuff ya forget. I know its an 80gig Pace but Im not sure which one. Ill report back later with the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

OK, here are the details:

Manufacturer: Pace
    Model: 6.003
    version: 9F2212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

Hi Paddo81, Have you tryed doing a software download? This normally sorts out many problems people have with Sky viewing. Plug out the power lead at the back of your Sky box, press the back up button and keep it pressed as you plug the power back in. All the lights at the front of your box will light up and you will get a message on your screen saying your system is doing a software download. It takes about ten mins. When it is finished, just continue as normal.

Advertisement