Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lexmark X2550 Flatbed Scanner/Copier/Printer [€34.99 in Tesco]

Options
  • 27-07-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Forgot to post this up last week
    Needed print cartridges for an old simple Lexmark printer and was in local Tesco. Checked cartridge price and it was €36.99.

Just around the corner, they had an X2550 Colour All In One printer for €34.99. Its a flatbed scanner/copier/printer and also has fax software included

Did a quick look around and found it on Dabs.ie @€;50.66 + €13.50 delivery which brings it to €64.16, so Tesco seem to well priced with this one!!

<EDIT>Also found on Misco.ie @ €55.02 plus min delivery charge of €30.24, making it €85.26</EDIT>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

whisht wrote: »
    Forgot to post this up last week
    Needed print cartridges for an old simple Lexmark printer and was in local Tesco. Checked cartridge price and it was €36.99.

Just around the corner, they had an X2550 Colour All In One printer for €34.99. Its a flatbed scanner/copier/printer and also has fax software included

Did a quick look around and found it on Dabs.ie @€;50.66 + €13.50 delivery which brings it to €64.16, so Tesco seem to well priced with this one!!

<EDIT>Also found on Misco.ie @ €55.02 plus min delivery charge of €30.24, making it €85.26</EDIT>

The thing with Lexmarks is that they eat ink, so this could turn out to be a short term economy. I got rid of the lexmark that came free with my laptop because I couldn't afford to run it. I bought a HP business inkjet for around 80 euro and it is much more economical on ink. Mine wasn't the same model, though, maybe this one is different..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..and 25% back on clubcard points this weekend.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Rule 1
    Never buy a Lexmark printer,ever.
    They are prohibitive to run.
    Get a Canon or Epson which has either compatible cartridges or refill kits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 groc17

€24.95 in dunnes stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 groc17

sorry my mistake €34.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Only €15.25 for black and €18.75 colour high capacity(26mls i think) own brand at www.inkmaestro.ie for this printer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Would be cheaper to buy a few of these printers in Dunnes and dump them whe the ink runs out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

As far as I know, the one in Dunnes is just a basic sheet printer. Not a flatbed copier/scanner also. Also, with 25% back this weekend, this one is a bit of a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Dunnes have 2 Lexmark at the moment, standard printer and multi function. I thought nice one... good cheap multi function for less than €40.. but alas, was only a basic printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

2 Canons on offer at Argos from €60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DJ WIPEOUT

Classic pitfall when people are buying Lexmark printers is to miss the point. Yes you can buy a printer for near the same price as the cartridge itself but these things are ink guzzlers and do you really want to be forking out the price of a 'cheap' printer every time you need a new cartridge (which will be often!). BUY EPSON!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

DJ WIPEOUT wrote: »
    Classic pitfall when people are buying Lexmark printers is to miss the point. Yes you can buy a printer for near the same price as the cartridge itself but these things are ink guzzlers and do you really want to be forking out the price of a 'cheap' printer every time you need a new cartridge (which will be often!). BUY EPSON!

Or Canon.
    Costs me 4 euro for a set of 4 compatible cartridges for my Pixma 3000.
    Costs me buttons ,around 1 euro to refill a set using compatible ink.
    Quality is excellent and printer has been working flawlessly for 2 years.
    That is economical.
    Lexmarks,wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Or Canon.
    Costs me 4 euro for a set of 4 compatible cartridges for my Pixma 3000.
    Costs me buttons ,around 1 euro to refill a set using compatible ink.
    Quality is excellent and printer has been working flawlessly for 2 years.
    That is economical.
    Lexmarks,wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

How do you do it this cheap!?

Advertisement