Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Background music on RTE different than on BBC

Options
  • 26-07-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

The title say's it all really.

In the Botswana episode tonight I noticed that the background music in totally different than whats on the BBC version. I specifically noticed it in two places, where they has stopped at the island and when Jeremy broke down but got the car working and caught up with them

I then really began to concentrate on every piece of music played and I could honestly say that 80 - 90 % of the music is different on the RTE version.

What does it really matter I hear you say, well I found the music on the RTE version to be totally out of place at times and does not create the same atmosphere that the BBC version does.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Same in polar special

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I presume its a rights issue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Indeed. Some tv shows also have different music on the DVD releases. Even House MD has completely different music in the opening credits here to what is heard in the states.

Advertisement