Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Check in/bag drop at Dublin Airport question

• 26-07-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there any advantage to online check-in's for dublin airport (travelling to new york?) Do they have the "Bag Tag and Drop desk"?

Also, if I'm flying at 5pm, what time do I have to be at the airport by?

Thanks

(Apologies if they're stupid questions:o, it's been a while since I've flown!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Pending on the weekend, time of day,etc, it may be more beneficial to checkin online so as to save yourself the time of having to que at the airport if it is going to be busy.

Most airlines say 3 - 3 1/2 hours prior to departure for international long haul flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Moved per user request but I made a pigs ear of it. Move to Travel & Holidays requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Depends who your flying with? I no Aer Lingus have the bag tag and drop desk but if you have bags to check in i don't think you can check in online. I used to work with an airline and the immigration line can be soooooo long in the Summer that some people ended up missing their flight. But i don't think it would be that bad at the time your flying. Still, i think you should get there about 2.30 because you'll probably be boarding about 4.15pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can check in online and drop your bags (assuming you're speaking of Aer Lingus). However the bag drop lines seem to take as long as aiport check in ever did.

I would tend to be there reasonably early to drop bags/checkin, clear security etc. Personally, I'd be there not long after 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Moved per user request but I made a pigs ear of it. Move to Travel & Holidays requested.

Thanks, much appreciated:)

I will be flying with Aer Lingus.

Thanks for all the replies - I thought I only had to be there 45 mins before take-off:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement