Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double room for rent

Options
  • 26-07-2008 12:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Theres a double room going for rent in our house. Really nice house in Doneycarney - about 7 mins walk from Killester Dart station just off the Malahide Road. Loads of buses into town - about 15 mins in the morning. Its a really nice room in a newly decorated house and costs €500 p/m.

All the usual - wireless broadband and all the rest of what youd expect.

2 of us live there already - quiet house, non smoking -except for Fridays!:) Easy going and friendly - cat with a God complex lives here too.

If anyones interested, please pm me and Ill send you on the photos of it.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dubman25

Dellgirl2 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Theres a double room going for rent in our house. Really nice house in Doneycarney - about 7 mins walk from Killester Dart station just off the Malahide Road. Loads of buses into town - about 15 mins in the morning. Its a really nice room in a newly decorated house and costs €500 p/m.

All the usual - wireless broadband and all teh rest of what youd expect.

2 of us live there already - quiet house, non smoking -except for Fridays!:) Easy going and friendly - cat with a God complex lives here too.

If anyones interested, please pm me and Ill send you on the photos of it.

Thanks for reading!
    500pm:eek:thats alot for a single room..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Its a double! :D

Its a double! :D
    still a terrible lot to pay for a room.:rolleyes:when you can get houses in nice parts of dublin for 1200 for a 3 bed...:cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Actually 500 is fairly standard and you'd be hard pushed to find a nice 3-bed apartment in Dublin for 1200 that's near facilities like a DART station.

OP, if the double room is an ensuite, you should mention that too.

Thanks Ixoy.

Dubman, I put the room up here for people to see. Its not asking too much @ €500 and for some one who didnt even read the thread title properly the first time around, youve alot to say.

Unless youre interested in looking at it, please dont start attacking it.

Thanks. End of.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ixoy.

Dubman, I put the room up here for people to see. Its not asking too much @ €500 and for some one who didnt even read the thread title properly the first time around, youve alot to say.

Unless youre interested in looking at it, please dont start attacking it.

Thanks.
    This is not a advertising site as you should be aware so freedom of speech is welcome here..and just to correct you 500pm is well to much to be asking!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dubman25 wrote: »
    This is not a advertising site as you should be aware so freedom of speech is welcome here..and just to correct you 500pm is well to much to be asking!:D

Dubman25- just to correct you, and to re-assure the original poster, you are in fact entitled to post personal accommodation wanted or available advertisements in the Accommodation and Property forum. It is one of the very few forums on boards (outside of adverts) where it is allowed.

Ps- while you can ask any questions you like- barracking of the person who posted the advertisement, or non-relevant posting on the thread for any reason whatsoever- can and will result in the offending person being banned.

OP- I would suggest giving a lot more information- for example does the EUR500 cover bills or not- and if so which? You could also put a picture of the room up- which may encourage some people.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

dubman25 wrote: »
    still a terrible lot to pay for a room.:rolleyes:when you can get houses in nice parts of dublin for 1200 for a 3 bed...:cool:
    You'd know you were from Dublin as you obviously haven't a clue about renting up there. I know a fair amount about renting in Dublin and the only three-bed €1,200 would get you is a derelict one in a very dodgy area, or a nice one but very far out.

€500 for a double room in a nice place, decent area, on the DART line and not too far out from the city centre (this property ticks all those boxes) is absolutely nothing for Dublin.

Hi again,

Thanks SMC & Dudess. I didnt want to engage but appreciate the confirmation.

For the folks at home, heres a bit more about the house!

Its a really nice newly decorated house just off teh Malahide road in Doneycarney. large double bedroom with two of us there already ...and as mentioned...Pat the cat. Bathroom is shared with one other.

Huggggeeee kitchen (Shameless plug here - I used to be a chef and am still obsessed with cookery, so lots of experiments to be tasted!:D)

Biggish sitting room with all the usual youd expect like wireless broadband (thank you Tom!) and NTL and all mod cons in house. Although I did break the washing machine last night...never put a wash on straigh after the dryer been on or the door glass cracks....I can confirm this is true!

The bills arent included and they do ammount to roughly €90 every month as they are equally split between the three of us. The house is two mins from the Malahide Road and tons of buses go into town on that route so getting in in the morning is no problem - like wise witht eh Dart - although, by teh time it hits Killester its usually packed pretty solidly...but handy for weekends or if you drag yourself out of bed a bit earlier! :)

I can mail picture to anyone who wants them. The reason we are looking for a new housemate is C is moving in with her boyfriend (gggrrr) but its a really nice house to live in with an easy going atmosphere although pretty quiet during the week as all working.

If anyone has any qs, let me know and Ill be more than happy to answer any of them.

Thanks!

D

Advertisement