Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWO tests DEW on QANTAS

Options
  • 25-07-2008 11:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

well its one theory :D

(That and I love the aul acronyms)

something suspect tho, no doubt it will be explained away as metal fatigue due to the age of the aircraft (about as old as all the other planes in the sky) and we will be told to collectivley forget about it

ODD Tho

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7524733.stm

_44862668_2bigholeafp282.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

OK, I'll humour you. What's DEW?

And what terrible timing. This poor girl hadn't even started her dinner. (Picture 3)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7525571.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Death rays!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

That's an interesting theory, I think DEW stands for Directed Energy Weapon. It's a technology the military have been working on for years, some weapons are ready, some are in development. But why would they test them on a passenger aircraft? It seems like an unnecessary potential lose of hundreds of lives for a limited research result. On the other hand that's a very strange looking hole in the aircrafts body: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/asia_pac_enl_1216993224/html/1.stm Plus this seems like a virtually unheard of and unprecedented fault for a Boeing 747 aircraft in mid flight. Strange indeed. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Correct me if I'm wrong but this looks exactly like one entire riveted section of the fuselage that has been ripped off. If metal fatigue weakens a section of riveting and the plane is travelling at 500 odd miles per hour then you would expect this kind of damage. If memory serves me correctly haven't there been at least several other cases of similar metal fatigue on passenger planes in the past where sections have been ripped off. Not to mention there seems little sense in using a directed energy weapon (assuming one really exists) on a passenger plane. They could much more easily use an old plane ready for the scrap heap rather than attempt to kill hundreds of people and possibly get found out.

I've posted this before but it suits perfectly here, from Father Ted.
    417.gif

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

First time I saw that photograph, I thought: the forward part of the wheel well fairing came off. It's an unusual failure, but then unusual failures are the norm in aviation. This may seem like an oxymoron, but think about it: if, as a result of this, a design flaw or maintenance failure is identified, it will be fixed and an AD issued. As such, you wouldn't expect to see a failure like this again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

seems to have been a faulty oxygen bottle located in that area, blew the hole from the insideout,

or at least thats the mainstreammeeja take on it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

seems to have been a faulty oxygen bottle located in that area, blew the hole from the insideout,

or at least thats the mainstreammeeja take on it anyway

Seems pretty plausible, any reason why we shouldn't believe the mainstream media on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

This is possibly the most ridiculus thing I ever seen, by this theory anything that happens anywhere at anytime can be a CT. I was on a Ryan Air flight the other day that bumped as it landed, was this because of a shock wave from a secret Russian nuclear blast in the atmosphere????

There is no sign of heat damage, no reason to do this "test" and there is a logical explaination. You must lie awake every night with worry.....

No, that Ryanair pilot's a pisshead. Drinks Cider all the time. They call him Bumpy Jack.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    You must lie awake every night with worry.....

In fairness to Mahatma coat, this forum would be a bit of a dead duck without his contributions and his suspicious eye. ;)

• Advertisement

This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I ever seen, by this theory anything that happens anywhere at anytime can be a CT. I was on a Ryan Air flight the other day that bumped as it landed, was this because of a shock wave from a secret Russian nuclear blast in the atmosphere????

now yer gettin it, thats the whole point of CT's examine everything with a critical eye, then work your conclusions out, then pick the maddest one to start with
    There is no sign of heat damage,
    the hole blown in the side of the plane by an explosion?
    no reason to do this "test"
    no reason that YOU can think of
    and there is a logical explaination.
    of course there is, you kling to that for dear life,
    well I spend me time Smokin,Drinkin, shaggin, and arguin with numpties on the interweb.

this does worry me a bit tho, cos I fly with QANTAS a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FrostyJack
    This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I ever seen, by this theory anything that happens anywhere at anytime can be a CT. I was on a Ryan Air flight the other day that bumped as it landed, was this because of a shock wave from a secret Russian nuclear blast in the atmosphere????

now yer gettin it, thats the whole point of CT's examine everything with a critical eye, then work your conclusions out, then pick the maddest one to start with

Quote:
    There is no sign of heat damage,

the hole blown in the side of the plane by an explosion?

Quote:
    no reason to do this "test"

no reason that YOU can think of

Quote:
    and there is a logical explaination.

of course there is, you kling to that for dear life,

Quote:

well I spend me time Smokin,Drinkin, shaggin, and arguin with numpties on the interweb.

this does worry me a bit tho, cos I fly with QANTAS a lot.

I hope this above reply was meant as sarcasm or a joke, otherwise I would be seriously worried for you......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

I hope this above reply was meant as sarcasm or a joke, otherwise I would be seriously worried for you......

He's someone who thinks the NWO would design and build a complex DEW weapon, costing how many billions, and then test it on a a random commercial airline?

Be worried.

QANTAS have had 4 safety recalls/aborted flights since this happened 2 weeka ago.

its almost as if someone is trying to destroy Qantas' safety record.

QANTAS have had 4 safety recalls/aborted flights since this happened 2 weeka ago.

its almost as if someone is trying to destroy Qantas' safety record.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Or it's almost as if qantas are being very, very careful so as to protect their reputation and not go out of business.

well I would hope that you are correct, suspicious tho

Advertisement