Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got fired 30 mins before going home

Options
  • 25-07-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My sister got fired today from her job in a office,she wsa in the job 8 weeks.the boss said to her at 5 that she is sacked,so she walked out then she didnt wait to clock out at 5.30.so can her boss just sack her or did he have to give her notice

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

As far as I'm aware they have dont have to give any notice once you are there under 6 months......same thing happened to a girl I work with. I could be wrong though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Trial period can have it done in a short time span but they would still have to meet the minimum time line in the contract (usually 1 week) in regards to pay. Also make sure she gets it in writing that she's been fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

During your probation it's easy for them to fire you.

There will be some sort of terms for this in her contract.

Does she have a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There is no statutory notice period for 8 weeks, although the contract may have specified otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If she was fired they wouldn't have let her stay til the end of the day anyway.

And yes you can be fired without notice if you have not completed your probation, or you are guilty of gross misconduct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What was she fired for exactly?

Advertisement