Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disappearing ITV1 REGIONS

Options
  • 25-07-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Some ITV1 regions seem to have gone from their Astra 2d frequencies: ITV1 Meridian north and ITV1 Meridian south east? anyone know whats happened?

Comments

According to LyngSat there was a reshuffle on that transponder last week. Rescan it and you should be fine. For reference it's 10891 H, 22000, 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

No ITV Meridian north also known as ITV1 Thames Valley has disappeared. has it been absorbed into the Meridian South region?

Thames Valley was moved to Astra 2B (12402 V, 27500 - 2/3) and is now encrypted, chances are it's FTV so now longer available in Ireland.

ITV were leasing a transponder from Channel 4 and had to give it back in recent times. For the time being some regions were moved to 2B but because 2B is a Europe wide beam they have been encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

if it's encrypted.. How do freesat viewers with the relevant post code view their local itv ?

AFAIK they don't. Only some of the ITV regions made it on to Freesat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

well as long as a few region's are fta, i won't be complaining..
    I presume that the freesat box will revert to the next nearest version, if your own local version of itv is encrypted

I guess they will have to sort the encryption out at some stage or viewers with freesat will find they are getting the wrong regional news. These regions can be viewed with a sky card or a free to view card.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Thames Valley was moved to Astra 2B
    And some people on the continent are happier now.:)

I am sure this must be temporary as ITV1 is supposed to be unencrypted and I would say some viewers with FTA boxes are wondering what has happened.

Galway wrote: »
    I am sure this must be temporary as ITV1 is supposed to be unencrypted and I would say some viewers with FTA boxes are wondering what has happened.

Can you confirm for me whether Thames Valley is accessible on an Irish Sky sub? I don't have Sky here so can't check myself.

• Advertisement

Yes its available on an irish sub, a uK sub and a uk ch4/ch5 card

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Guys - a related question somewhat ?

On the Freesat website it mentions that Channel 5 " will be coming soon". Does this mean that this will change from FTV to FTA once this happens.

I was on holidays in Wales last weeks and was watching C5 on Freeview DTT - is it correct that the plan is to have all the channels that are currently on Freeview DTT available on Freesat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭RAKM

Yes Five will be going FTA soon. In fact Freesat have announced that Five will be announcing a launch date soon as they have sorted out rights issues with programme providers.

I am sure that freesat would love to have some of the Freeview channels such as Dave UKTV History and Virgin 1. These may come in time if the freesat audience grows enough. BBC Worldwide are rumoured to be trying to buy Virgin's 50% share of UKTV so that they will wholly own it. If this happens and it probably won't,all the UKTV channels may appear FTA. Reasons for it not to happen are a limit on borrowing for BBC Worldwide, Sky are also interested in buying Virgin's TV business.

Advertisement