Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky digibox problem

Options
  • 25-07-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello all,
    I've still got a problem tuning in CH4 etc. When I try to access other channels, I get "please insert your card". I've previously posted about this and someone pointed out that maybe parental control maybe on. Its not possible to change this without a card so I did a bit of research and tried to default the box by selecting new installation on the install menu. Alas I get "installation failed please insert your card".
    At the moment I don't have access to a card and don't really want to buy a new box.
    So my question now is if there is a way to disable parental control or default the digibox without having a card so that I can at last access other channels?
    Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe get the loan of a viewing card from a friend to tune in C4, and then see how it goes without the card again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

You will have to disable the parental control first.
    The card issue will still crop up for Other Channels as soon as you remove the card if parental control is set.
    It is a nuisance.
    An expired Sky sub card should be sufficient to disable it so long as it is recognised by the receiver. You will need the pin, usually the last 4 numbers on the card.

Without access to a card, you could try leaving it unplugged or for a few days and see if it reverts to disabled. If your digibox is still showing the Irish epg, then this might work when it reverts to default UK epg.
    If already UK, then may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lebowsky

Advertisement