Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newlands (N7/R113) to start soon?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 6:58pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Noticed today that theres cones, bare sign frames and sign frames lying on the grass weighed down with sandbags along the N7 inbound from before Citywest to Newlands; and along the R113 northbound to Newlands. I know this was originally in the plans for this year but another poster on this forum said it was going to be postponed...

nra.ie says its at "preliminary design", roads.southdublin.ie has it under planning still. I believe ABP gave the go ahead for the required CPOs last month though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

MYOB wrote: »
    Noticed today that theres cones, bare sign frames and sign frames lying on the grass weighed down with sandbags along the N7 inbound from before Citywest to Newlands; and along the R113 northbound to Newlands. I know this was originally in the plans for this year but another poster on this forum said it was going to be postponed...

nra.ie says its at "preliminary design", roads.southdublin.ie has it under planning still. I believe ABP gave the go ahead for the required CPOs last month though.

Could these works be related to gantries for the upgraded Red Cow junction - just like the Kennelsfort junction was fitted with gantries for the N4/M50 junction ahead?

Just wondering, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see!

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

noticed the markings on the road, only heading towards town on the n7 they are, and the cones are only on that section too. id say its to do with some facility works, they have already dug trenches across the road, but they will end up making a mess, and wont be fixed until they actually put in the freeflow, grade seperated junction, roundabout junction there in 2011, (this is my estimation)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

MYOB wrote: »

It wouldn't be related to this would it?

Page 112 of 364
    Other notable physical site constraints include the Bord Gáis Éireann (BGE) transmission line, a 500mm diameter 19 bar gas pipeline running along the southern side of the westbound carriageway on the N7. This gas pipeline will be diverted as part of the scheme. The gas pipeline will be repositioned to a suitable depth and adequate protection placed on top of the pipeline to ensure that the transmission line is not affected and will not be impacted upon during the main construction works.

Page 116 of 364
    Advance Works
    Subject to Statutory Approval, it is the preference that the Bord Gáis Éireann (BGE) transmission line, a 500mm diameter 19 bar gas pipeline running along the Southern side of the Westbound carriageway on the N7, would be diverted as an advance contract. However the works could also be undertaken as part of the main Contract if required to do so.
    The diversion of the other services at the junction including electricity, gas, water mains,sewers and telecommunications will be undertaken as part of the main Contract.
    The responsibility for the relocation of utilities will, in general, rest with the appropriate utility provider. The nature and extent of the relocation works will be agreed with the utility provider before construction commences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I think they're planning to have Newlands done by the end of 2010, along with the rest of the Interurbans. It'll easily be the last bit to be finished.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Could be, except all the signs/cones to date are on the Eastbound carriageway of the N7 and Northbound on Belgard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

i did notice just coming up to newlands cross from naas that they have a flashing sign saying roads works to start 5th aug, will this be m50 or related or newlands cross??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

ipodrocker wrote: »
    i did notice just coming up to newlands cross from naas that they have a flashing sign saying roads works to start 5th aug, will this be m50 or related or newlands cross??
    Interesting. They couldn't really be talking about M50 Red Cow, that's winding down not up. Must be the prep work for Newlands junction alright. They're probably getting it ready this year for a full scale start in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

a friend in SDCC tells me they are digging a sewer under the n7, dig a pit, drop in their "mole" and it pops up on the other side, better but more expensive than digging up the road

Advertisement