Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post delivery into a locked apartment complex.?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Not too sure if this is the correct section, if not feel free to move it.

Recently moved into a new apartment and im wondering about the post being delivered during the day..?

Its a locked complex with electronic gates, theres no post box outside the gates, just personal letter boxes on each apartment door..!

Does anyboy know have a similar problem... is there a usual delivery solution to this..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

I know in our apartments the postman has the codes so no problem for him to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

I've seen postmen with huge bunches of keys and using said keys to gain entry to apartment complexes ... as I passed on the bus ...

D.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I know in our apartments the postman has the codes so no problem for him to get in

We make sure we keep the local Gardai and the postman updated with security codes for our complex. Its about the only way of making sure your post gets delivered (eventually.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

Same as everyone else. Our postman (and DFB, Beaumont Ambulance service, waste collection) either have zappers or keys for the gates and block doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

As other posters have said, he has the key to the main hallway of the blocks. However if a parcel that is not delivered by the normal postman, a note tends to be left. My regular postman is a gem, and leaves amazon parcels outside the apartment door, as they won't fit into the postbox, and have never had any problems with missing items or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sometimes they will just buzz the intercom.

Advertisement