Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campsites In or Close To Lahinch?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Don't know how, but I accidentally posted this as a reply on another thread yesterday. I've removed that post and am posting this as a new thread...

We're going camping (tent) in Lahinch in mid August.

We've stayed in the Golf & Leisure hotel and really like Lahinch, but this time we're going to camp for the novelty for the kids.

We've been to the Lough Derg (not great, IMO) and Killaloe (quite good) campsites, and a lovely one in Dungarvan, but it seems difficult to find anything on-line on campsites in lahinch.

So far, I've got phone numbers for Ocean View Park and Lahinch Camping and Caravan Park.

Has anyone out there got any opinions on either, or can anyone direct me to any alternatives?

We know we could head for Doolin or Spanish Point or Kilkee and drive to Lahinch, but we really wanted to be able to walk rather than drive as much as possible on this break.

Thanks for any replies,

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

the only campsite in lahinch is ocean view. they have a shop and pub on site.
    a few mins walk from the main st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I passed by the campsite in Lahinch on Sunday. There were tents pitched on a strip of grass right beside the wall at the roadside. Definately not somewhere i would bring kids. I think they used to have pitches further in from the road but there seems to be buliding work going on there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

*Kol* wrote: »
    I passed by the campsite in Lahinch on Sunday. There were tents pitched on a strip of grass right beside the wall at the roadside. Definately not somewhere i would bring kids. I think they used to have pitches further in from the road but there seems to be buliding work going on there now.

We spent the Wednesday and Thursday in the tent in Ocean View. Wednesday night blew a gale & lashed all night, but we got through it. Thursday was lovely sunshine and the night was much better.

The tents were indeed beside the wall. The traffic noise was nearly worse than the noise of the weather. I wouldn't recommend Ocean View for tent camping, if that's where the tents go (though the shop, bar & facilities are fine) - our family tent was too exposed over the waist-height perimiter wall and really took a hammering.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Hi,
    I have camped in Lahinch a good few times over the last few years and I always camp in Ocean Park, Its a caravan park but they allow you to put up tents on the green areas for a fee of €20 per tent. Unfortunately last August when we went there to camp we were told that they do not allow tents anymore. I have heard recently that they are allowing tents again but I am not sure.. Its lovely there, great location as it is near the beach and the town. Sorry I dont have a number for them. The camping site in Fenore is lovely. There is a grocery shop 5 mins drive from it. The beach there is lovely too.

I would recommend both campsites...

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Don't know how, but I accidentally posted this as a reply on another thread yesterday. I've removed that post and am posting this as a new thread...

We're going camping (tent) in Lahinch in mid August.

We've stayed in the Golf & Leisure hotel and really like Lahinch, but this time we're going to camp for the novelty for the kids.

We've been to the Lough Derg (not great, IMO) and Killaloe (quite good) campsites, and a lovely one in Dungarvan, but it seems difficult to find anything on-line on campsites in lahinch.

So far, I've got phone numbers for Ocean View Park and Lahinch Camping and Caravan Park.

Has anyone out there got any opinions on either, or can anyone direct me to any alternatives?

We know we could head for Doolin or Spanish Point or Kilkee and drive to Lahinch, but we really wanted to be able to walk rather than drive as much as possible on this break.

Thanks for any replies,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

I have to disagree with the above as I have stayed in Ocean View Park numerous times. There is an area towards the back of the campsite which is very quiet and close to a smaller beach.

hotfire wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have camped in Lahinch a good few times over the last few years and I always camp in Ocean Park, Its a caravan park but they allow you to put up tents on the green areas for a fee of €20 per tent. Unfortunately last August when we went there to camp we were told that they do not allow tents anymore. I have heard recently that they are allowing tents again but I am not sure.. Its lovely there, great location as it is near the beach and the town. Sorry I dont have a number for them. The camping site in Fenore is lovely. There is a grocery shop 5 mins drive from it. The beach there is lovely too.

I would recommend both campsites...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I stayed in Ocean View park 2 years ago... hated it. camping ground was worse than quarry entrance & felt sorry for a caravan that had the awning out on iit as the stones woudn't have been comfortable to walk on.
    I did camp there years ago in the grass further back years ago,, but I was very surprised to see the bad conditions when I returned.

In your ref to Kilaloe, do you mean Mountshannon? http://www.lakesideireland.com/caravan_camping.htm

heap of sites here..

http://www.holidayinclare.ie/camp_en.html

Advertisement