Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Dine for Two for £10

Options
  • 24-07-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Just saw an ad for this in the UK this weekend, so I assume it is here too. Can anyone confirm? Such good value!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

daisy123 wrote: »
    Just saw an ad for this in the UK this weekend, so I assume it is here too. Can anyone confirm? Such good value!

ya, 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Was it not €12.50 last few times?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Saw it for €12.50 on the telly.

Anyone tell me when M&S weekend begins to get this? (Fri or Sat morn)

Thanx in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Passed through M&S from Jervis today and it was €12.50

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

started thurs. Amazing value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I <3 M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

In fairness, credit where it is due for once, it's good to see M&S using a decent exchange rate on this promotion: £10 --> €12.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

what different meals do they have this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

what different meals do they have this time ?

None if you go to the branch in Drogheda. :( It was the same a few weeks back when they last had this offer on, there was nothing left after the first afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sweet - more cheap quality grub (when you factor in the bottle of wine this is a fantastic offer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Going to Newry today hopefully i can pick this up and i hope their vegetarian option is good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

nc6000 wrote: »
    None if you go to the branch in Drogheda. :( It was the same a few weeks back when they last had this offer on, there was nothing left after the first afternoon.

The Drogheda branch is really appalling. They have a terrible selection and don't seem to order enough stock so there's always lots of stuff sold out.

If you shop there regularly perhaps you should make a complaint to head office?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mmm, anyone know what the selection is like in the IFSC branch. I know grafton st will be mental

eth0_ wrote: »
    The Drogheda branch is really appalling. They have a terrible selection and don't seem to order enough stock so there's always lots of stuff sold out.

I might do that to see what they say. I was in the Drogheda branch one day over the Christmas/New Years period and there was literally nothing on the shelves, don't think they get much preference from head office compared to the larger branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweetie wrote: »
    mmm, anyone know what the selection is like in the IFSC branch. I know grafton st will be mental

decent selection left and no queue. got 2 seperate full meals.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

M&S Dundrum have the following:

Main:
    Vegetarian something or other
    2 x Lochmuir Salmon cutlets
    2 x Chicken fillets with Mozzarella & Basil
    Beef meatballs
    Pork Medallians & apple cider sauce

Side:
    Baby Potatoes
    Salad

Dessert:
    Fruit cake thingies
    Chocolate Profiteroles

Wine:
    Frogerola or something, red, white and rosé sparkling

Savage value - my receipt came to €25.46 and got it for €12.50!! :D

eth0_ wrote: »

Just back form the Drogheda branch, I popped in for a coffee and to see if they had re-stocked the Dine for Two stand. All they had was salad, chicken fillets & leek ready meal which was already on offer at 1/2 price and two types of desserts.

This is the third time this promotion has been run that I am aware or at least the third time I have intended purchasing it. The first time they had no desserts and were giving out vouchers, the second time they had no sides and filled a shelf with bags of new potatoes and now this time they have no main courses and are trying to get rid of meals which are already on offer. :confused:

How hard can it possibly be to organise this correctly? Simply ship the same quantity of sides, mains and desserts to the branch!

Absolutely ridiculous. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Was disappointed this time round, the last time the shelves were constantly being restocked and there was a lot more choice, this time I could only find Salmon and Meatballs, neither of which I like :(

Tried both Henry Street AND Grafton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

nc6000 wrote: »
    Just back form the Drogheda branch, I popped in for a coffee and to see if they had re-stocked the Dine for Two stand. All This is the third time this promotion has been run that I am aware or at least the third time I have intended purchasing it. The first time they had no desserts and were giving out vouchers, the second time they had no sides and filled a shelf with bags of new potatoes and now this time they have no main courses and are trying to get rid of meals which are already on offer. :confused:

Absolutely ridiculous. :mad:

I got the deals there (in Drogheda) twice before. they had everything but then I was there when the shop opened. Was there at the weekend and got the deals but I spoke to the manager and asked how come they are always running out of things and he said its because they are so small and their wastage is very high!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Same as what the ifsc have except they also had chickens.
    The vegetarian was sweet potato cakes (something involving sweet potatoes anyway!!)
    aviendha wrote: »
    M&S Dundrum have the following:

Main:
    Vegetarian something or other
    2 x Lochmuir Salmon cutlets
    2 x Chicken fillets with Mozzarella & Basil
    Beef meatballs
    Pork Medallians & apple cider sauce

Side:
    Baby Potatoes
    Salad

Dessert: