Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green volunteer group

Options
  • 24-07-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Guys,

I'd like to get connected with other people who have an interest in green/global/environmental issues. I am guessing there are a few organisations in dublin so if anyone has any details I'd appreciate it if you could pass them on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Mightn't be exactly what you're looking for - mainly project works - but.... www.groundwork.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

There's also Conservation Volunteers Ireland (www.cvi.ie) and maybe check out the Tidy Towns website? www.tidytowns.ie. Contrary to the name, they are actually focused on conservation and the environment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JohnJimbo

aimsir_te wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'd like to get connected with other people who have an interest in green/global/environmental issues. I am guessing there are a few organisations in dublin so if anyone has any details I'd appreciate it if you could pass them on.

Why the need of other people????

If you are concerned about the environment why not just get a black bin bag and pick up some rubbish.

No need for anyone to hold your hand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

JohnJimbo wrote: »
    Why the need of other people????

If you are concerned about the environment why not just get a black bin bag and pick up some rubbish.

No need for anyone to hold your hand.

Maybe s/he is interested in the social side of it or networking for a potential future job change. Just two ideas off the top of my head..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aimsir_te

thanks taccanol,
    I checked out CVI before but the site hasn't been upated in a while.
    Will look into the tidytowns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement