Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints I made to Dublin Bus

Options
  • 24-07-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭

1. It took a month for them to respond.
    2. The "near collision" was a bus forcing a cyclist on O'Connell Street against the kerb and then gesticulating "Yeah, talk talk talk" at him when he complained. If I'm right, for a proper investigation to have happened, DB needed to provide my details to the driver. While DB have those details, seeing as they never asked me if they could be given to the driver, I suspect no proper investigation has happened.
    3. "All our bus stops ... are been updated" Is that the past or present tense? The stop - in St. James Hospital - is so badly desinged, that it forces passengers off the bus in the middle of the road. Not that if they get to the kerb would be much better - there is no wheelchair ramp to then get down off the kerb to cross the road. The stop has no information and the rubbish bin was reduced to its holding bracket only. Stop is here - next to the small car park. http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=swq39bgg7z09&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29507233&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
    4. Last complaint was they weren't responding to complaints. :)

Dublin Bus Complaints‏
    Sent: 24 July 2008 14:51:57
    To: Victor@XXXXXXXXX.com

Dear Victor,

I refer to three complaints received in our main office on June 24th.

I wish to inform you these complaints were recorded on our Complaints Database for attention.

One of your complaints refers to a driver on route No 10 and his near collision with a cyclist.
    All our drivers are trained to drive in a proper and safe manner. I apologise our driver did not
    do so. His future driving will be monitored over the coming weeks so as to ensure this type of behaviour does not happen again.

A second complaint refers to condition of bus stop 1515 on route 123.All our bus stops and
    shelters/information are been updated. I will however forward on your concerns to the relevant department for their attention.

I apologise that you have not received replies in the past. We are in the process of introducing a new complaints system which aims to improve our service to our customers. The current system is outdated and it is possible some complaints may have got lost.

I thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I apologise for the difficulties we have caused.

Thanking you,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Public Affairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Better than anything IE have ever sent out. As for cyclists........:eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

The stop - in St. James Hospital - is so badly desinged

Bus stops on private grounds are always much harder to do any work on... even the installation of kessel kerbing at stops on private grounds is difficult.

H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Er, are they serious with that letter? The grammar is atrocious! :eek:
    I apologise our driver did not
    do so
    .All our bus stops and
    shelters/information are been updated.
    it is possible some complaints may have got lost.

It reads like something written by a nine year old. They need to cop themselves on if they want to be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Wheelchair ramps at bus stops? Is that a DB issue or a Dublin City Council issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Slice wrote: »
    Wheelchair ramps at bus stops? Is that a DB issue or a Dublin City Council issue?

It is a local council issue.

In the case of the Hospital it is a Hospital issue.

Dublin Bus are not responsible for the installation of the Kassel kerbing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Victor wrote: »
    and the rubbish bin was reduced to its holding bracket only.

You complained to Dublin Bus about a rubbish bin? :confused:
    Surely you should go to the council on this

1. It took a month for them to respond.
    2. The "near collision" was a bus forcing a cyclist on O'Connell Street against the kerb and then gesticulating "Yeah, talk talk talk" at him when he complained. If I'm right, for a proper investigation to have happened, DB needed to provide my details to the driver. While DB have those details, seeing as they never asked me if they could be given to the driver, I suspect no proper investigation has happened.
    3. "All our bus stops ... are been updated" Is that the past or present tense? The stop - in St. James Hospital - is so badly desinged, that it forces passengers off the bus in the middle of the road. Not that if they get to the kerb would be much better - there is no wheelchair ramp to then get down off the kerb to cross the road. The stop has no information and the rubbish bin was reduced to its holding bracket only. Stop is here - next to the small car park. http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=swq39bgg7z09&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29507233&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
    4. Last complaint was they weren't responding to complaints. :)

I would agree that one month is too long - an acknowledgement at the very least should be issued immediately.

The information at bus stops/shelters information is being updated at the present time - there will be a complete revision at all bus stops in the coming months. Reference O'Connell Street for examples of this.

This latter point is mentioned in the Oireachtas Committee report published on Wednesday last.

Link is at http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/committees30thdail/j-transport/reports%202008/20080723.pdf

It requires an adobe acrobat reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

micmclo wrote: »
    You complained to Dublin Bus about a rubbish bin? :confused:
    Surely you should go to the council on this
    It was attached to their bus stop pole.

It was attached to their bus stop pole.

That doesn't make it DB's responsibility.

Litter bins are the local council's responsiblity - even if they are on a bus stop!

In this case the whole matter is the responsibility of the hospital - bus stop road layout, litter bins, kerbing.

The only bit that DB are responsible for is information and stop location - is it safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Litter bins are the local council's responsiblity - even if they are on a bus stop!

Still, if you had written to complain to DB about it then a good sign of their customer service would be for them to either refer you to the council, or pass your letter to the council directly.

The fact that this wasn't done says lots about how poor their customer service really is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I apologise that you have not received replies in the past. We are in the process of introducing a new complaints system which aims to improve our service to our customers. The current system is outdated and it is possible some complaints may have got lost.

What happened to their old system? ....

From a few years ago .. used to be great ... pop on their website, there was an area to put in your complaint along with your email address and they'd get back to you fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cactus Col wrote: »
    and they'd get back to you fairly quickly.
    Its still there, just a bit hit and miss.

Advertisement